Ratings for Dr. Brian A. Bonanni

I was very unhappy with the results of my Lasik surgery by this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

My Lasik results here were VERY poor. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Submitted February 7, 2016

I am surprised by all of the reviews below. I had LASIK with Dr. Bonanni and had a great experience! The procedure was explained to me clearly and it was quick - I couldn't believe, I barely felt a thing. Slight discomfort that night, but my vision was clear the next day. A little bit of in and our blurriness for a week during the healing process but nothing unbearable. The staff at Gotham Lasik Vision is very friendly and smiley and they greet me by name at each follow up appointment. I now have 20/15 vision, coming from a -6.5 and -7.0, so it's pretty hard to complain!

Submitted April 17, 2015

Horrible experience. I was charged $4425 for the LASIK procedure and it has not been performed yet. Please don't go to this office. They will scam there way in to your pocket. They read over a contract to me while my eyes were dilated. They left out the part that they would charge my credit card if I had to reschedule or cancel the surgery. The $250 deposit I left was explained to me that was non refundable but that's all. They claim to have a 72 hr cancellation policy, basically gave me 1 day since I was sitting in the office 96 hrs ago. This was a horrible experience and as of now waiting to get my money back. Don't bother with this office. There policy's are unethical.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Gotham Lasik is for cosmetic procedures not Lasik. This place is so unprofessional, the even tried to make a 2nd web site to side step all the bad reviews. Go to a place that cares about the patients not their pockets.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I had my surgery here 2 months ago. Number 1 they never explained that having a Lasik flap leaves you vulnerable to serious complications this was never discussed. Number 2 the machine the doctor uses is an Allegretto wave which is a wave front "optimized" laser. Since having surgery 2 moths ago I have found out through another doctor that I still have remaining astigmatism, I had moderate -2.75 astigmatism to begin with and to find out I still had almost -1.0 was a bad surprise. When I spoke to Dr. Bonanni, he assured that it was too early and that my eye needed to heal. He should have told me 1 month post operative visit that there was still astigmatism in my dominant eye and that why I was still seeing fuzzy. I have to pay to get another surgery with another doctor because and my trust is completely lost with Gotham Lasik Vision. There is no commitment to 20/20 vision. Do not go here for lasik.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I did a lot of research before choosing Dr. Bonanni and chose him specifically for his surgical training (which is not actually required to perform lasik but why choose someone with less training/experience?) and the type of technology he uses. I gave him a 4 on "helpful" because I really didn't have many questions by the time I got to him. he was able to satisfactorily answer any I did have though. You can find this proceedure cheaper but, why go cheap with your eye-sight? I've felt comfortable and confident in him every step of the way. My proceedure was 9 months ago and while I had a small amount of annoying blurriness on occassion in the first weeks after surgery, I'm extremely happy overall with my results. It's been 9 months and my eyes are great. Now have 20/15 vision.

Submitted March 21, 2014

Gotham Lasik owes me $700. They rescehduled the surgery four times due to an office move that nobody explained. I finally agreed to have the procedure done in their temporary space in Queens. The computer attached to the lasik machine stopped working after they started the procedure -- very nerve-wracking -- so we had to reschedule. They charged my credit card $450 a week after this ordeal (even though the surgery did not happen). I have been fighting for two months to get this back. I was going to get the surgery done when they moved to their new space in Manhattan but the fact that it took them so long to return my money really soured me. I asked for them to refund my $250 deposit since I was ready to move forward with the surgery and it is their fault the machine did not work. The whole experience has been an ordeal. I believe Dr Bonanni is a good, competent doctor and I would have loved for him to perform my procedure. Now I wish I had never heard of Gotham Lasik.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

This place is a joke. They have no regard for the patient and are very pushy. They will really push you to sign up for the surgery right away just so they can make a sale. I was very disappointed this is how Dr. Bonnani conducts his business. Definitely go somewhere else--you can find a better doctor who aren't so aggressive to take your money without giving you time to think or consider other options. Ryan

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

After my eye examination I learned I was a candidate. One of the greatest things about Dr. Bonanni at Gotham is that you will always get to see him. He takes your care and sight in his hands. You will see he has a ton of experience ad is credited as the leading doctor in his industry. He showed me around the practice a little and everything was performed and explained thoroughly by him. I actually walked out of those double glass doors thinking to myself next time this happens I'll have perfect vision and for some reason after visitign him the thought didn't scare me! THan kyou for a wonderful life changing experience.

Submitted April 15, 2010

Dr. Brian A. Bonanni's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1993)