Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Robert Vagners

Dr.Vagners has been my Doctor for as long as i can remember. I trust him with my vision 100 percent thank you for your outstanding car e

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Excellent experience from booking to receipt of new glasses...I highly recommended Dr. Vagners and his team at York Mills Eye Care!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr Bob has provided an excellent service and answered all questions his staff are extremely kind and will help you with anything you need.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

Awful, dont go there...all about the money.....better doctors in the area and cheaper

Submitted June 22, 2018

Dr. Robert Vagners's response
I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with my practice. I feel that my fees are honest, fair and reflect the exceptional services that we provide.

Submitted November 20, 2018

Arrogant indiviual, no bedside manner whatsoever..looks down at everyone

Submitted June 2, 2018

Dr. Robert Vagners's response
I am sorry that you feel that way. I strive to always put my patients first and treat them with the utmost respect. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Submitted November 20, 2018

A healthy eighty seven year old., with slight memory lapses, should be able to stand up quickly and not fall over. After eleven months of "getting used to" my new glasses, both reading and for distance,it was decided that a new eye examination could tell the story. And what a story!!!! A re testing by a trusted optometrist at York Mills Eye Care changed my life. Even the ten day wait for the new glasses was free from headaches and unsure balance.But with, the arrival of the new"specks", the whole body relaxed.....the neck, the face, and balancing muscles.The numbers on the bus could be seen and the entrance and departure from that bus was as it had been previously.The fear of further black eyes, like the two acquired when literally hitting a wall in a hurry....has gone with the glorious arrival of my new glasses. So....do not accept feelings of discomfort and insecure movement as an aging condition. Have your eyesight checked regularly...and enjoy life fully.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Wonderful doctor, friendly and welcoming environment, great staff! My whole family goes here !

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Fantastic doctor and staff I love the atmosphere very professional and clean, has a lot of fancy technology

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Have been going to Dr Vagners for years, very pleasant doctor and very knowledgeable. Staff very helpful and friendly, nice atmosphere overall

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

very nice place to go for eye examination, on time with appointment, staff very helpful

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Robert Vagners's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My road to becoming an eye doctor began in high school. As lots of young adults at that age, I had no idea what I wanted to be. A friend of mine was going to study Optometry at the University of Waterloo and suggested that I come along. We would have a bachelor pad, paint the town red and have fun. I was already in the sciences program, which was a prerequisite, so I said, “why not!”. The more I learned about Optometry, the more I liked it. I studied hard and was accepted into the program. After graduating in 1983, I associated with one of the giants of our profession, Dr. Marvin Langer, from whom I learned so much. Realizing that I wanted to strike out on my own, I approached Dr. John Graham in 1985, who was kind enough to let me into his life and allowed me to continue his practice. Ever since then, I have been serving the North Toronto community. Looking back at the chain of events, it was fate that brought me to the profession of Optometry. I have always enjoyed helping people, whether it was my classmates with homework, my fellow athletes on the swim team or scouting in my youth. I have volunteered as a Cub Scout leader as well as a coach with North Toronto Soccer - giving back has always been very satisfying. My focus is helping you see your best with eyeglasses or contact lenses as well as monitoring your eye health so you will continue to see your best well into your golden years. With 35 years of clinical experience you know who you can trust with your eye health. Dedicated to excellence in Optometry!

• English
  • Latvian

• University of Waterloo (Grad. 1983)

• Optometry Giving Sight Silver Recognition