Ratings for Dr. Gerard J. Pregenzer

Dr. Pregenzer is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He is caring, explains everything, and takes his time to make sure you understand any concerns you have. I had a tubal ligation done by him and everything could not have gone smoother. From other options explained to post surgery follow ups. This man is a credit to his profession.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Dr. Pregenzer is the best of the best in every way. He is gentle, compassionate, and explains everything. He answers questions thoroughly, patiently, and respectfully. He delivered two of my sons and has taken excellent care of me over the past two decades. He is a rare and exceptional person--both intellectually brilliant and the most compassionate human being I have ever met. He is angelic.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

The most knowledgeable doctor I ever met. Listened to all mt concerns and answered all questions completely. My exam was not painful and I did not feel rushed. I am glad I have found a doctor who truly cares. I am telling all my friends to try this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Easy to make appointments. Went to him with other Doctor test results. He explained what went wrong and retested with more accurate results.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND DR. PREGENZER TO ANYONE. HE CARES MORE ABOUT COSMETICS AND MAKING MONEY THAN HE DOES HIS PATIENTS. HE TAKES WEEKS TO CALL BACK OR HAVE ONE OF HIS NURSES OR OTHER OFFICE STAFF CALL BACK, WHICH WHEN THEY DO SO, THEY ARE VERY RUDE AND NASTY. NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT OFIICE AND I RECOMMEND NO ONE GO!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I would never see him again. When I called him, never call me back. I will have a surgery to remove the cyst in my uterus. I told the nurse I prefer to have the surgery before my insurance recalculate my deductible. They spent three weeks to choose a facility that is out of my net work and is owned by this doctor.when I asked the nurse if she is sure that facility is in my network. She said that my insurance already approve that. I double check with my insurance and find it is not in my net work. I am so angry. The office tries their best to make money. They don't consider patient's benefit.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I saw this doctor for one year. At the beginning, he is quick response about my result of lab and blood work.but now I can't reach him at all. He never call me back after I leave a message to him, although he is nice.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I had major surgery done by Dr. Pregenzer, the doctor is very knowledgable and was wonderful before the surgery. After the surgery I was in massive amounts of pain, and called Dr.Pregenzer who was helpful to an extent. But when I called his office I was hung up on, reprimanded for not having answered his call when his answering service called me back, and was given such a nasty attitude from his assistant Jennifer. She was not empathetic to my pain, or my needs. She just hung up on me, and had to have a family member call the hospital to look for a patient advocate from Somerset medical center. Thank God for Somerset medical center, who thank god stated that what I was going through was complete BS and that the doctor was way out of line. I even told the office staff I was having trouble breathing, and I still got no phone call from Dr. Pregenzer or his office nurses. They even wanted to speak to my therapist and hung up on me when I wouldn't give them her number.find a different dr!!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Pregenzer truly is a sincere, dedicated doctor who cares about his patients and profession. Simply... THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

I came across Dr. Pregenzer 10 years ago and have never found another doctor who comes close to his professionalism. He's warm and friendly and makes you laugh! I've heard a few times patients who were embarrassed because they didn't know if he did a pap smear. (and he did!) How many gynecologists can you say that about? He answered all my questions in quite some detail. I didn't know that there were doctors who would spend that much quality time answering my questions. I see him out of network, but I think he's worth paying for out of pocket since he's a rare find. I did a little digging and found out that he's AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha). It's a national medical honor society that less than 10% of all physicians are accepted into. I also found out that there is no other OB/GYN in the tri-state area who has that accomplishment. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Pregenzer to everyone!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr. Gerard J. Pregenzer's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1983)

AHC