Ratings for Dr. K O'Daly

I agree with all the positive comments below. Kevin surprised me from my first visit because he actually listened to me rather than just dishing out more medication. Genuine, kind and easy to talk with. I like the fact the dresses casually. Who needs another suit behind a desk? I'm so grateful to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I left a comment about a year ago loving him but honestly after being with him for about 3 years now I am worse than ever. He is inconsistent, hard to get ahold of and seems to care yet when you tell him you are-well "dangerous" he has no idea what to do with you or doesnt even get back to you (weeks of messages). His staff get frustrated with him even. His admin (i wont put names) are wonderful but it just comes back to the same thing-you-can-never-get-in-touch-with-him. The longer I have been with him the more hurried the appointments get and he is almost ALWAYS late by HOURS. he is great for a chat and i agree with some other reviews about him being very philosophical but he lacks the ability to take a condition seriously in a professional manner. He goes on holiday ALLLL the time so the last time i saw him was about 4 months ago due to his unavailability (not the fist time). Im sick of this, honestly dont be fooled by how he seems in the first year. You'll never lock into anything with him and you will float and crash.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Fantastic. He is a great psychiatrist but also his psychology help is much more useful than any psychologists I've come across, which is not surprising since he also completed psychology at university. I also had a mentally ill family member, he messaged a fellow psychiatrist at an inpatient facility and wrote a referral for her and she was in within the week. I feel so lucky to have found such an excellent doctor. He's not great with paperwork but that's the only complaint I have, and considering how helpful he is otherwise it really isn't an issue.

Submitted March 27, 2017

Awesome Psychiatrist! We cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

He is very bad on follow through. Very easy to chat to but the objective is to have a consitancy of care well for me anyway. I phoned up and asked for an appointment leaving a message saying I was depressed and got no reply! As I said he is very easy to talk to but on hospital admissions the level of care is very poor. I went over a week without seeing him. And i usuallyvsee him for 15 minutes in all on an average weekHe goes away a lot also. He appears to care but his actions or lack of actions prove otherwise. I have heard of a few patients who have left him for similar reasons.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I cannot find the words to describe how much Dr K O'Daly has helped me with my complicated illness for as long as he could. Dr O'Daly is the best Psychiatrist in Australia and I do know. Dr O'Daly cannot help his patients enough, he is the kindest, most caring Dr who never let's his patients come to any harm. I am trying to reach him bec I am in need of his Professional help. His strict Dr Patient ethic makes me feel very safe and I have a lot of concerns over what has been going on in some Mental Health Care facilities over the years. The only Dr who can unlock what happened is Dr O'Daly. Without his help I am lost. Being prescribed medicines right now that are not good for me and never have been. Am writing letter with referral. So much to thank him for. My life, for starters. Enough for today. Erin Kelly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

The best. I am so grateful to Dr O'daly. He is a rare gem in a field of paper cut out psychiatrists , GP's and other specialists. He genuinely cares and wants the very best for me as his patient. He treats me with so much respect for where I'm at and where I'm going. He has a vision for me and because of his authentic self I can't help but have hope and to believe In myself. We still have a way to go after changing my past psychiatrist earlier in the year to Dr O'daly. I agree with another post on here... his staff definitely need commendation... Vesna, she is so busy but takes the time to personally msg when not phoning to help coordinate my appts and pass on any messageS I need to get to Dr O'daly. She is always so prompt and caring. I feel blessed to have found Dr O'daly while working through Acute Anxiety, SLE and PTSD

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

A wonderful doctor and a caring and individual team who really do seem to care. I have recommended him to other people because he isn't condescending and he believes in empowering his patients. Vesna his receptionist deserves a mention because she is a warm and caring person and is just lovely

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Can't praise him enough. My old psychiatrist was away and he took the time to personally call my mother saying he was willing to admit me to hospital and see me. I knew as soon as I talked to him once that he was a cut above the rest. He talks about what's behind the diagnoses and involves you in the planning of your treatment. Perhaps he's too relaxed and philosophical for some people who just want answers but for anyone who wants to get to the deeper issues other psychiatrists skirt around, he is fantastic.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Having read over all of the below comments and having been a patient of Dr O'Daly's myself, I have to say that I am surprised at the negative comments but everyone has their own opinion and it is not possible to please everyone :) With regard to him dressing unprofessionally, I was extremely unwell, in chronic depression, suicidal (from time to time dangling my legs over the edge of high rise buildings) and all because I had been given a diagnosis of schizophrenia stemming from a 2 year psychotic episode where I was co-incidentally 'bannished' by my step-father from the house. At the tender age of 22, on the day I was first hospitalised, I cut off all my beautiful long hair only to then get well with meds and realise it would take 3 years to come back... This was very, extremely stressful for me. I couldn't care less how Dr O'daly chooses to dress. I much prefer his relaxed casual style of dress, as opposed to an over-bearing, suit and collar style of dress, and while I had many of these types of doctors, I can surely say, at least Kevin was well mannered and sensitive, and honest and informative about the side effects of medications, where others had not been at all. Furthermore, he believed that I was a competent and capable young women that could achieve those goals that I had set out to achieve. He found the perfect medications to get me well, that had low to no side effects of diabetes, unlike the risperdone and olanzapine that the other doctors had carelessly shoved down my throat. Dr O'daly had good incite into what it was I needed from the counselling perspective. I do not believe he is in it for the money at all :)

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016