Ratings for Dr. Leah D. Ridgway

Maybe it's because I'm 50, but I would get a 2nd opinion if she jumps to the recommendation of having a complete abdominal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries. I ended up with another dr. who did a laparoscopic removal of one ovary and I feel like a million bucks and still have my natural hormones rather than being thrown into instant surgical menopause.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Ridgway since I moved here 10 years ago, and I can't say enough great things! We just had our first baby, and I couldn't have had asked for a better doctor. This was our first pregnancy, and I can tend to be a little nuerotic at times / need a lot of information, and she was fantastic. Never felt rushed with all of my (I'm sure) stupid questions, and she was just so encouraging and amazing! I would highly recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Ridgway for nearly 15 years. She was wonderful during & after the delivery of my first child. Although I had to have a c-section due to breech presentation (which I did not want), she did exhaust all options in an attempt to turn my baby. She is a very knowledgable, caring, thoughtful OB who listens to her patients. She spends a great deal of time with me every time I visit, answering all of my questions and making sure I fully understand. I am looking forward to a VBAC next time around! I would recommend Dr. Ridgway to any woman looking ot have a natural childbirth with a caring OB.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Had a horrific labor during which Dr. Ridgway would not authorize an epidural because I was not dialted to her satisfaction. (This was an induced labor, by the way.) After eight hours of excruciating pain, I was given an epidural almost immediately after she went off call, and only then did I rapidly begin dialating. I never had another child because of the way she treated me.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

Dr Ridgway has been my Ob/Gyn for 10 years and has been great. I have always felt very comfortable talking with her on a personal basis. She always makes me feel comfortable even when discussing topics that are uncomfortable for me. Her practice was wonderful with all 3 of my deliveries over the past 5 years. I would highly recomend her to both family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007

I loved Dr. Ridgway. I had a difficult labor and delivery and she made it a great experience. Would recommend her to any women, who wants a kind, and caring doctor to deliver her baby.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

Dr. Leah D. Ridgway's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Champ Va