Ratings for Dr. Leon Herman

Staff was Rude and very aggressive. Decided my $$$$, and believe this office is not cheap was better spent elsewhere. It was weird because they say dermatologist but when you call they say its not a dermatologist office. I cancelled my appointment then got online. Reviews not good at all. Glad I followed my guts.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

My experience with the actual doctor is minimal as i usually deal with his staff, who are just ok until you start negotiating prices... they agree on a price, and it changes when you go to pay. Today I ended my 10 year relationship there because they seemed to have made up the fact that because I have insurance coverage, I get charged more than those who don't.... ridiculous! If true, this could have been told to me over the phone when I specially asked about pricing; no need to make me drive in a rain storm.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

What a terrible experience, this Dr. not only made several inappropriate sexual references to me during my appointments but also told me out of no where I seemed untrustworthy to take birth control. I'm a young, educated woman, I have never been treated so poorly by a physician. I will never go back, nor do I suggest any woman to see this old gross man. I will say the receptionist was professional and friendly, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work with him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

He has a new office at Wilson/Bathurst- the staff who called back for an appointment was extremely rude and condescending and I ended up choosing to see a dermatologist rather than a GP with a rude staff.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Had not met Dr. Herman previously and knew absolutely nothing about him. Went because my previous physician was no longer practicing and, for the record, I have been having skin problems for 55+ years. Immediately found him welcoming and warm, willing to listen and take time. We even told a few jokes and laughed. For me, that’s always a good sign. He explained the options, we settled on a regime, and suggested I come back in a month to see how things were progressing. Expected and reasonable as some medications take a period of time to become effective. Having read the monograph, a month was a good time frame. Medications can have adverse effects for some individuals. I love peanuts and peanut butter, but they can cause some individuals anaphylactic reactions that, in extreme cases, can lead to death. Don’t blame the peanut farmer, however. It is an individual reaction. So with medications. Whether one is allergic or will have an adverse reaction is frequently not known until the medication is actually used. Read the monograph and take it seriously. Bottom line: I could not be happier. I have been totally free of problems for well over a month now. I haven't been able to say that in 5 decades.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Amazing. Healed my acne have prefect skin now. Thank you once again!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I started taking my daughter to him a few months ago and I'm still unsure what to think She is on an antibiotic now for 3 months All of the reviews so far are bang on about his demeanour and I'm still waiting to see if the medication will clear up the acne but he says things are going well lol There has been some improvement Hopefully others will be skeptical enough to start posting more reviews to help me decide whether to continue this form of treatment

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I went to this quack a few years ago when I had severe acne and all I can say is he is both a lousy dr and a waste of money. He is all about antibiotics and glycolic peels, plus pushing very expensive soaps and creams on you. Mostly, my skin got worse, but only after I wasted a lot of money because I was desperate. When I refused to take antibiotics, he mocked me and was rude, after which I never returned. I recently saw that his office is now closed, which I am sorry to say, pleased me, I only hope, he is not practicing somewhere else. He is a GP that masquerades as a dermatologist which would not be so bad, if he actually helped people and was honest. Alas, he is yet another Orthodox Jew that wears the mantel of being holier than thou, but is a dishonest charlatan.....I am Jewish in case you are wondering. The truth is that most skin issues are emotional and my skin improved when I removed the people and things from my life that were driving me nuts.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

HE DEATROYED MY SKIN DO NOT SEE HIM. He is the worst doctor his lisence should be revoked! I went to him because I had acne and he put me on an antibiotic that caused such severe hyperpigmentation that there is no treatment.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

True. I agree with the last poster. Dr. herman is NOT a real dermatologist, but he never tells you that. He never looks you in the eye either.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015