Ratings for Dr. Theresa M. Cheng

A waste of time and money. She was very arrogant and rushed. Did not answer questions or attend to any concerns. Abrupt. Slightly nicer than downright rude, but not by much. Also kept me waiting in her office for over a half hour. Not a people person.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

I heard about Dr. Cheng from someone I met, so I made an appointment. She said she could definitely help me, so I had a laminectomy/discectomy on both sides. Well, it didn't work, it made my back worse and trying to see her after that was impossible. Now she is out of the office indefinitely so I have to find a new doctor and transfer all my files. This was probably the worse experience with a doctor that I have ever had.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS SURGEON!If I can STOP anyone from going to her,I will save you pain and suffering. Initial MRI showed no stenosis, but according to Dr Cheng it was SEVERE. 2 other MD's confirmed this-unfortunately after the surgery was done.PLEASE get 2nd opion! STILL have chronic pain in SAME spot. She actually included additional vertebrea in the lamenectomy,which was not even the problem. She also cut the C2 muscle, which is what literally keeps your head in place on your neck. Been told by 2 other surgeons C2 is never cut because the pain is unbearable,your head has no support, and it's not possible to have stenosis here. After surgery I called numerous times because of all the post surgery complications. And she was NO where to be found. The after care was unacceptable. Did not receive one follow-up phone call or one ounce of concern. Her staff was rude and did not deal with any problems.I cannot say this enough. GET A SECOND OPINION AND DO NOT TRUST THIS SURGEON!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

when I had complications after what was supposed to be an outpatient surgery and I needed to be admitted, she could not be found. Another doctor had to be called to give admitting orders and order medication. There was absoluteley no follow-up.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

I never could talk to her. I left lots of messages and onlt the secretary called back. I had to see a plastic surgeon in appleton to fix my scar. I had to pay alot out of pocket since he is not an affinity doc, I found out after. But her office sent me. Arm is still numb.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2007

I had pain in my right shoulder, and she wanted to operate on my neck. After a MRI that I had ordered by a different Doctor showed I had a toren rotor cuff. I took the MRI results too her and she said that was not my problem. She was very rude, I had the rotor cuff sergy and all pain went away.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

I think she's knowlegable enough and seems to do a decent job but she is not very people friendly and doesn't really follow though or follow up on her work. I've been told she works all the time and does a lot of surgeries. Other doctors I've contacted speak highly of her abilities. Still she sounds like an assembly line surgeon. You'll see her three times. You'll see her once before, once at, and once after surgery. Don't try to contact her either. It doesn't work.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

she is good as a surgeion but you never see or talk to her. she has her PA and NP do rounds. she never calls you when you leave messages. she discharges patients for her overall rating instead of making sure the patient is able to be discharged.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

Dr. Theresa M. Cheng's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 53226 (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Massachusetts