Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Regan Hochman

Been here to see her twice and both times I've spent approx 1 hour waiting and 5 mins of consultancy. Pretty sure she doesn't bill the same way. I'd think twice before making an appointment with her.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Saw her today for the first time, she seemed nice but was very disismive. She listened to none of my concerns, didn't ask me much, and didn't seem to care at all. It just seemed like she wanted to get through the appointment as quick as possible to get on her lunch.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

These words sum it up - lacks due diligence. Her go-to answer for unexplained pain was to take chemotherapy drugs, or drugs that were not for a specific to an accurate diagnosis. Had it not been for patient due diligence, the patient would have ended up taking drugs unnecessarily. In the end, she provided a referral to a specialist in the field of unexplained pain which is a positive, however this is an indication that she needs to do more research.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I saw Dr. Hochman for the first time earlier this week and was very impressed. I found her to be very professional, yet personable and friendly. She asked many questions about how I was feeling and listened carefully to my answers. As it was my first visit she had many questions about my background and family history, and she apologized for not being able to look at me the whole time as I was speaking, since she had to make notes in her computer. She was very attentive and thorough, and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Loved her. Wonderful doctor, with first rate staff. Very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Sadly a terrible experience every time. Seems genuinely disinterested in what I have to say and only pushes biologics without taking the time to listen to me.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I have first seen Dr. Hochman in December 2011. I was extremely swollen, sore, could not bend my knees and could barely move. I came because I was very unhappy with my rheumatologist in Mississauga (at credit Valley Hospital) who was always in a rush and did not even look me in the eye or listen to me. I came to Women's College in hopes of finding a Dr. who truly cares and I sure did. Even before I meet Dr. Hochman I was very impressed as there was no wait and I was seen immediately, on time and without having to wait at all. Dr. Hochman gave me her full attention and asked me many specific questions and listened to me attentively while I was speaking. She then examined me thoroughly and was very gentle. She filled out forms for more tests (x-rays, blood) and immediately put me on a more aggressive treatment plan which was effective and worked for me. Months passed and my body was responding to injections she prescribed.; my inflammation was steadily decreasing month after month. From then on I visited her every 2 months. Each time I received the same outstanding service and care form Dr. Hochman. No waiting, detailed conversation, and thorough exam. Since the first time I meet Dr. Hochman I have felt very happy to have her as my rheumatologist. Then from January 2014 to July 2014 I have been going through a horrible period at work. This extreme stress at work has effected my physical and emotional heath. I will never forget what Dr. Hochman did during those difficult months. Each time I visited her she took time to listen to me. While I was distraught and crying, she remained calm and gave me logical and objective advice and always encouraged me to hang on and to keep on fighting, to remain strong. It was remarkable! I then saw that Dr. Hochman is not just an excellent rheumatologist, but also a beautiful human being with empathy and compassion for her patients. Dr Hocham stood by my side during the most difficult time in my life, supported me and helped me get through it. I will NEVER forget this and my gratitude is beyond words. THANK YOU Dr. Hochman!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I have had inflammatory arthritis for over 40 yrs .during that time I have seen many specialists; some have been good, some have been less than competent, but I have never met someone who was as caring and as knowledgeable as Dr.Hochman. She right away knew how to manage my symptoms, explained everything carefully and did all this with a warm and caring manner. I would highly recommend her to anyone with an arthritis problem. If you are lucky enough to see her you can feel confident that you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I have seen dozens of specialists for various health issues over the years, so I'm a pretty good judge of them. Of ALL the specialists (and GPs) that I have ever seen, Ms. Hochman (she doesn't deserve the title Dr. in my opinion) is the least skilled, least knowledgeable, and rudest, most impatient one I've seen. I was made to feel like I was imposing on her (!) and other than a couple of rude comments and a script for physio, she had nothing to offer. I found out later from another specialist that she failed to share some important lab test results with me as well. For such a young doctor, she seems burned out and disinterested. I suspect that any positive comments here were written by her or by her family/friends. She needs to revisit her reasons for becoming a doctor and our medical schools need to find a way to better screen out this type of uncaring, rude, and ineffective person. Of over 50 doctors, none were as rude or useless as this one. If she reads this, I hope she takes this info and gives it some deep consideration. I feel my tax dollars were totally wasted during this visit. Shame on her.

Submitted October 14, 2014

She has been my rheumy since January, 2014. Without her support, caring, understanding, compassion, and medical expertise, my severe OA would not be as stable as it is. They way some people are describing her negatively, I've never had those types of experiences with Jackie. She has always been understanding and wonderful! She said I'm a poster girl for people with OA and that most of her patients do not do what she lays out, but she said that since I have and followed through I'm an inspiration, which I thought was so nice.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014