Ratings for Dr. David R.L. Jones

We inherited this doctor when our original family doctor moved to Vancouver. Our family (two adults, two kids) saw him on numerous occasions so as not to judge him only on one or two accounts. We found him to be socially awkward, confused a lot of the time and with limited self confidence (not an ideal characteristic you want in your primary heath practitioner). He was uncomfortable with me breastfeeding my newborn baby in the examination room and asked to see me at another time (my husband was also in the room at the time). As a woman, I would never feel comfortable to see him for an internal examination. After many months of stress and anxiety, we made the choice to return to our first family doctor and travel for quality health care.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I was assigned Dr. Jones when my original GP left the practice. Upon my first appointment with him, to simply refill a painkiller for my frequent migraines, he immediately asked me why I wasn't on a specific preventative. My previous doc had never mentioned such a drug was available to me. After briefly discussing it, we decided to give it a try, and it has changed everything for me. So he gets top marks for suggesting something, to a hand-me-down patient, that works better rather than just refilling.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. Jones was very helpful and willing to listen. He was open to hearing about my informed request regarding a certain prescription preference. I found him to be open minded and polite.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013