Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Tranmer

Dr. Tranmer and everyone at Grow Health (including the residents) are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and I always feel they have gone the extra mile to support and help you in every way possible.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Tranmer seemed competent and professional when I spoke with her over the phone. When I went to my first appointment, I didn't see her. I saw a resident named Dr. Harvey who was distracted, presumptive, and rude. She made me incredibly uncomfortable. In light of this experience, I was quite upset at not seeing Dr. Tranmer. Dr. Harvey went to get Dr. Tranmer who told me very politely that if I didn't like it, I could leave. Dr. Tranmer seems nice but you might have to deal with Dr. Harvey who lacks basic social skills and perhaps should not be doing a maternity residency.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Good experience in the doctors office, but not that great during delivery. She threatened and episiotomy if I didn't get the baby our faster. I know it wasn't needed from the comments I received later from our doula and the nurses present.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Nice personality and a well-run office. That's the positives. I am, however, disappointed in the knowledge part. I have been taking a medication for a VERY painful and uncomfortable condition based on the advice of Dr. Tranmer. After awhile it didn't really make a difference. I was told to stay the course. Well, the pain was so much, i started doing research on the internet and asked for another medication. No, i was told, the medication you are currently taking has that ingredient. Next time I got my medication I checked the box - no ingredient I read about. I went to a walk in clinic and the doctor there confirmed that the stuff I was given wasn't effective and I should take the medication with the ingredient I asked about in the first place. Honestly, i would expect MY DOCTOR, the one person who i supposed to trust to know these things. Since I waited so long to start administering a proper medication my condition has now become chronic. I am so mad and in pain and I wish no one else would undergo almost a year long ordeal and a terrible post-pregnancy recovery (bedridden for over 3 months, going on 4 with a little one to take care of). Oh, and the cherry on top? I only found out I had additional complications from a different doctor yet. I am very disappointed and will be looking for a different doctor.

Submitted October 23, 2015

This doctor is smart and obviously loves what she does. Open minded, won't judge, cares a lot. She can sometimes run late but I'm guessing that's because she'll spend extra time with you if you need it. Nothing bad to say about this office. So glad I found them.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I been with Dr. T for years and have had two pergnancies with her and she even accepted my elderly parents as patients when she moved to her beautiful new practice. Can't say enough good things. I think she is kind hearted, seems to be able to care with ease for newborns to maternity to pediatrics to seniors!! And she has a great sense of humour! As others have said she puts you at ease and is very open minded, won't judge. I recommend her to all my pregnant friends and we all love this office!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Very easy to get along with, knowledgeable about my pregnancy questions and so loving with my kids. It's hard to find a doc that is both really kind and also knowledgeable. I really feel so happy to have found such great care for my family with her and her team at grow health. :)

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I agree with the previous comment that Dr. Tranmer is a joke! Completely egotistical, rude and disrespectful to myself and my Husband during our visits. After having hormonal swings last month Dr. Tranmer diagnosed me with Postpartum distress ( we have a 4 month old daughter). A week before she prescribed sleeping pills my husband and I admitted to her that we have unprotected intercourse regularly without the use of birth control. She misdiagnosed pregnancy , as " mental illness" and told myself and my husband to seek counselling. The following visit we spoke to another doctor and it was confirmed that I was pregnant! I had been taking sleeping pills all week. I'm not sure how a doctor can miss this and all in the same day make me feel like a crazy person when she told me I was "mentally ill". Absolutely terrible doctor!! She shouldn't be dealing with pregnant woman.

Submitted June 11, 2015

I'd have to agree. The lady who said Dr. Tranmer wasn't knowledgeable about HG certainly didn't see the same doctor I did. I have HG as well and have had a very difficult pregnancy, and she has been extremely helpful and supportive through the entire ordeal. She is so friendly and easy to talk to, and has even agreed to keep me and my son on after I deliver as regular patients of hers! I LOVE HER.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Totally agree! Great doctor! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015