Ratings for Dr. Timothy Crowell

He was very unprofessional and a complete waste of time for me !!! He was a complete idiot and only interested in making $ I would Not recommend him to anyone ... stay clear of this Pompous Goofball !!! 👎🏻

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

he worked on my WCB claim and gave recommendations that really helped me out. thanks.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

This website is not very helpful. So many patients complain. So few come on to write pros. Anyhow, I will write a pro. I read the reviews on Dr. Crowell and was skeptical to take my dad to see him based on the reviews. I'm so happy I went through with it. My dad had been diagnosed with Alzheimers dementia by a neurologist and another neuropsych doc. We did not agree (because his memory was ok - he was mostly just confused). So we went to Dr. C for another opinion. He actually spent so much time listening to us and getting all the story. Then he did the testing. He ended up saying he thought it was normal pressure hydrocephalus. Thank you! My dad eventually had a shunt put in and now he's basically back to his normal self.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I took my son to see him for a learning disorder evaluation. He was great and the report helped my son get the supports he needed at school.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I saw Dr. Crowell for a comprehensive assessment and found him to be thorough, objective and caring. I don't even understand that negative review about billing at Richmond Hospital. That is not even possible since psychologists don't bill, they are regular health care employees. Anyhow, I thought he was helpful and his report was straightforward with some useful treatment ideas. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I have seen Dr. Crowell a couple of times. My experience is somewhat mixed. He purposely leaves information that are very useful for example the medication information or current physical and mental condition before the examination. He tries hard to portrait to be fair and impartial. But his conclusions are negative towards the patients perhaps with the intention of or hope of the patients get better by challenging the mental distress of the patients. He need to be more accommodating. People are not there to see him because they really like him, they are there to see him because they were referred to him. He likes to play god and thinks everyone that comes to him are not that smart. I heard even thought no way to prove that there has been an investigation on his expenses or charges made to Richmond General Hospital. These allegations did not bother me or affected me. Most of the testing were the same or repeated. I remembered them from my previous test.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I've been seeing him for years & surprised to see a poor rating here. In my own personal opinion based on YEARS of having him as my doctor, he's been nothing but professional and HELPFUL. He's straight forward & would only want the best for you. I highly recommend him. He's a great doctor to have in this city.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Timothy Crowell is one of the most elusive and untruthful person that you will ever meet. He received his doctorate in 1999. Since then he has claimed to publish research materials as the lead. However, when asked he was a resource. He is not objective. His interpretation of the results of the tests are very subjective depending on his paymaster. If he is in your side he will state that you have major medical issues. However if he is representing the other side he will find something to support his paymaster. when there is ample of amount of evidence from other medical doctors that you are ill or you have an issue, he will find a way to say you do not and blame the other doctors for not doing their job or at least by implying. He lies about the time he spends with you to get a higher pay.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013