Ratings for Dr. John Maggirias

Horrible experience with John. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Not professional and he's sleazy. He tried to overcharge me for some additional dental work but after doing my homework I realized what a fraud he is. After just a cleaning appointment with him and his sleazy staff I felt like I needed to take 10 showers afterwards.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Be wary of this man! Most of the positive reviews on here have been written by him!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Don't come to this dentist. Very egotistical and unprofessional. He just wants to make more money and tells lies!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. John tries to get as much insurance money out of you as he can. He's impatient and rushes through appointments. Expect to wait for him even when you're the only person there. No professionalism whatsoever.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I came here a while ago with my kids, wasted my time! Do not come to this dentist.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. John Maggirias is very unprofessional and lazy. He puts off treatment on patients because he does not feel like doing it. Often he will continuously prescribe antibiotics and say we need to wait longer before proceeding. He refers out all his work to specialists which he claims are THE BEST, however you get stuck paying the specialist fee when a simple rootcanal could have just been completed by him. Not to mention the specialists are only available at the clinic 1 day a month! He will inform patients they need over 10 crowns when most of the teeth only need fillings. He is not conservative at all. His crown procedures sometimes take 3+ visits when a crown can be completed in 2 visits most of the time. Now to speak about his staff. The turn over rate of staff IS HUGE. Every 6 months there is a new hygienist and front desk staff. Not to mention his ex fiance was working at the front until they split months ago. He openly puts down staff in front of patients so I am not surprised there are new people every time I have went into the office. The only face I still recognise is Sue, who has been with him as a receptionist for many years now. However, she may be familiar but her conduct has been less than pleasant. I have seen her be snappy towards other team members and swear with patients in the waiting room! How unprofessional! Please with how many dental offices in toronto don't waste your time! I am fed up and will be switching offices. I hope this was helpful for people considering JM dental. **it also seems many of these reviews are fake with six 5 star reviews posted in a row on the same day???

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. John is lacking professionalism. Complete waste of my time.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Recently changed dentist to Dr. John at JM Dental. I was missing a bunch of teeth and have been wearing plates. He helped me understand my treatment options and I am now happy to say I am going to be getting teeth I don't need to take out anymore. Dr. John took the time to explain everything, wish I had met him years ago! Highly recommend him to anyone looking to get rid of their dentures.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I love the experience at JM Dental. Very gentle and thorough cleaning .

Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. John Maggirias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John Maggirias earned his Bachelor of Science in Behavioural Evolution (2002), and a Doctor of Dental Surgery (2009) both from the University of Toronto. Dr. John left the academic research world to pursue a private practice as he wanted to bring his knowledge to life. He is truly patient focused and he really wants to help the world improve their smiles one by one. Dr. John is very personable and sees himself as an artist who takes pride in his work and gives his 100% with every patient. His motto, "how can we improve your smile", says it all. Dr. John works with his patients to create a treatment plan that produces results, prevents oral disease, and fashions a smile to be admired.

• English