Ratings for Dr. Steven Noseworthy

This doctor should never have gone into paediatric care. He is rude, unhelpful, uncompassionate, and seemingly incapable of communicating to parents, a vital skill to have as a paediatric ER doctor. He talked over me, raised his tone, and acted as if my questions about my son's care were completely absurd. As a parent of a sick child in an ER room, I should be able to ask the physician any question I need to know an answer to and as a paediatrician he should answer with respect and compassion. That's his job. Furthermore, if he can't or won't understand how upsetting it is to be in the ER with one's child, he should give up practicing medicine altogether or find a specialty where he doesn't have to talk to patients or their loved ones. Maybe in a lab, by himself.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Outwardly arrogant, condescending, unhelpful, and complete lack of compassion. Was rude and impatient with me and my child. Made no visible effort to understand the severity of my situation, or my take seriously my concern for my child's well being. Offered unrealistic & unhelpful advice. Repeatedly interrupted me and continued to speak over me, even after I asked him to let me finish talking. Body language: sitting back in the chair, with his legs and arms crossed, thus demonstrating an unwillingness to be receptive to what I had to say and presenting a barrier to effective communication. Made more than one comment about “what it means to be a parent”, revealing an assumption on his part that I previously lacked that knowledge. It is clear from these actions that Dr. Noseworthy was performing his duties as a physician not without judgement, and failed to provide objective, impartial and helpful care. Never in my life have I been treated so disrespectfully by a medical professional.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013