Ratings for Dr. Michele Querra

I have never experienced such rudeness & arrogance. My 79-year old dad & 78-year old mom were extremely traumatised by this Dr and his staff. My dad was referred to Dr Michele Guerra by his specialist for an angiogram, which was scheduled for 30 May 2017. He was advised to be at Die Wilgers hospital @ 6:00. Audrey, Dr Guerra's nurse, arrived @ the ward @ about 10:00 asking my dad some medical background questions and my dad was informed that he was 3rd on the list to go into theatre for his angiogram. Half an hour later Audrey returned to the ward to tell my dad that Dr is not going to do the angiogram on him, but that he would return to the ward after all his procedures in theatre had been completed, to explain to my dad his reasons for not wanting to perform the procedures that day. At this point my dad had already paid the excess amount to his medical aid & Dr was well aware of my dad's medical history. It must have been 14:00 when I accidentally overheard someone mentioning that Dr Swanepoel was in theatre and that Dr Guerra had finished in theatre a while ago. He never showed up to speak to my dad. After enquiring with the nursing staff about Dr Guerra's whereabouts, a porter was sent to take my dad to the Dr's consulting rooms in a wheelchair. In the consulting room, Dr Guerra left my dad waiting for over 45 min. He walked past my dad 3 or 4 times without any acknowledgement, greeting, explanation or apology. NOTHING!My dad said that the Dr treated him like a piece of scrap & became upset. By this time my mom was in tears as well. His empathetic (NOT) reception staff then put my mom & dad in a little room, closed the door & continued to ignore them. This upset my dad even more. My dad then asked for his file & asked that the porter take him back to the ward so that he could discharge himself. Dr Guerra's response to this was: "It's fine, take your file and leave". Up until today, 12 June 2017, my dad has had no apology or explanation from this arrogant, uncaring cardiologist. I will definitely not recommend him to anyone and sincerely hope that specialists stop sending referrals to him as well.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Had a very good experience with Dr Guerra himself as well as Audre, his dedicated ICU nurse. Dr Guerra and Audre were very helpful and knowledgeable and answered all our questions promptly and explained it in layman's terms. I agree that the reception staff could be a bit more friendly, but the doctor himself I would happily recommend.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I had chest pains 2 nights ago & ended up spending the night in ER at Pta East hospital and when I left, I was given a referral to Dr Querra. Assuming to be a recommendable Dr, I contacted his office this morning & was told in a professional but unsympathetic manner, by a person with the name of "Henriette" or something in that line, that he is "fully booked" and I am welcome to contact their offices again on Nov 1st to make a booking for beginning 2017?? No questions on whether it was urgent or if I would mind seeing one of his partners if urgent? This Dr is obviously very successful & making loads of money but too busy to realize his staff treats people in this unprofessional manner. Giving him the benefit of doubt, he may not realize how his staff is representing him, although I wonder about that! To be honest, maybe it's best this way as I don't want to be a patient of someone who misses the fact that he is in a profession that is a calling, not a "job", and hence he has some responsibility towards patients in need who are not just revenue generators who should become ill when he has time to see us, but that we are people & when one makes the effort to contact his practice his staff should at least attempt to determine the urgency and if unable to assist, to make an effort to suggest another, possibly available cardiologists?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Staff always to busy and often not answering the phone.3 receptionist are in reception.You have appointment and you wait.. wait.You COULD NOT reach the doctor on the phone NEVER.-to busy.I deliver by hand the query and also wait .wait for e-mail answer for days.He requested lab.pathology tests( after being 6 days on ECU)which again the questions were delivered by hand what to do and again waiting as the results were not very good-but no response from the doctor at all.The patient is 74 years old man with atrial fibrillation on warfarin for more then 6 years.Is that how he should be looked at as the private patient? Over all the whole hospital is not up to standard.On ICU before colonoscopy patient on the 22 beds ward**** himself as no nurse was in the whole ICU ward -despite calling for pan.Disgusting.I could write the book about this experience but word will not describe this as was.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013