Ratings for Dr. Richard K. Foster

Being a retired RN, I came with a list of written questions to ask after getting an abnormal stress test and being referred to this physician. We waited an hour after our scheduled appointment time and the doctor was obviously "rushed" as I tried to ask my questions. He hadn't viewed the stress test films but yet disagreed with the reading --he wanted to schedule me for further testing ---he said he didn't know if he would have the time to actually look at the stress test films before this next test for there was only one computer to view this on and he didn't know if he could get to this computer. I had a horrible feeling after this first visit and did not go back but instead went to the University of Michigan Hospital systems for care.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Very poor interpersonal skills. He may know a lot but it seems like he expects his job is simply to make decisions and my questions got in his way. Arrogant and very much in his own mind (and probably thinking about what he was going to do next).I've heard he's very knowledgeable however he's so poor at communicating does it matter? I asked my GP to refer me to someone else after 2 visits since I never felt treated as a person and not just a statistic or a problem.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

Dr. Richard K. Foster's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1969)