Ratings for Dr. Janet Takefman

Insulting, insensitive and condescending. Personally I would stay far away as possible and seek alternatives.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Horrible experience , what a waist of time . Very cold person , not empathic , not at all of any help . When I asked her for references , she answered that it was my job to research and that she's not there to hand people references . She was looking at me from head to toe , very provoquing , insulting ,and condescending look , she made me feel like I was nothing . I couldn't wait to leave her office . Serious waist of time . What a shame to have such an inconsiderate , unhelpful woman as a psychologist . On top of all this , she had a resident med school student in her office , omg hope that student won't take her and her attitude as an example . I think it's time for her to retire ...

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

All I can say about her is MONEY oriented. No Genuine care at all. Impatient, cold, careless and materialistic.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

It has been a bad experience to work with dr. Takefman. She missed the appointment that we have waited for months, and we had to reschedule. She never provides a report after. We then have to find someone else to redo it. It costs us money and precious time.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Takefman as required for fertility treatment at the royal Victoria hospital and she is amazing! Very professional and knowledgeable. She really made us feel like we had options and was more than happy to go over them with us as much as we needed.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I agree with one of the previous comments refering to their experience as horrible. My hsband and I had to meet with Dr. Takefman as it was policy of the clinic we went to as well. She seemed very agressive and cold. We were already exhausted with all of the physical tests and now we were being questioned by this woman who clearly had no idea what both of us have been through in the las t couple of years. She only wanted answers that she felt met her standard. I left there with anxiety and it caused my husband and I to fight for two days...this is not the type of person you would like to meet when you are trying to be stress free and conceive. I hope to never have to see her again.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Takefman seems like she has many years of experience and met with many couples. I found her extremely condescending and unorganized at times, often asking questions she had already asked in the previous session. She seems very driven by money. I found her helpful at first but then decided to stop seeing her because she was bringing up issues that were not related to what I had gone to see her for. I did not really like my experience with her and would not recommend her. She is a straight shooter though so if that is what you are looking for you won't be disappointed. If you want a softer approach however you will be disappointed. I did not appreciate that she would cut the session short 5-10 minutes before the hour.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Takefman is not only brilliant but compassionate, empathetic and professional. Without her guidance and support, we would not have our 3 beautiful children. She is one of a kind!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

This was the most horrible experience. She is not professional at all and very hostile. I was obliged to see her as that is a policy in the clinic. She asked the same questions 3-5 times and insist on the different answer that she wants to hear... On the top of everything she got angry and raised her voice at me, which made me laugh, where else can you see such an unprofessional doctor! I was there with my husband and yes, we are not young, but we are not too old to have kids and we felt insulted when she ask us 5 times if we sure that we want to have a child. She insisted that we should feel ashamed using the donor!? I wanted to say to her how I felt about her hostility and rudeness, but I was afraid she will write something negative on my chart. It is very sad situation that such individual is in the system and call herself a doctor. She even said a negative remark about the fact that people from my original country come to Canada...Be careful with her and avoid if possible.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013