Ratings for Dr. Adam Oster

After visiting with Dr Adam Oster, I'm so sick of the medical field being glorified as some untouchable, exalted bastion of goodness while other professions - finance, legal, civil servants - gets dismissed daily as a wicked cabal of opportunists and blood-sucking leeches. Just because every now and then some brilliant physician performs a miraculous treatment or surgery doesn’t mean the rest of the know-nothing imbeciles, case in point here, can pat themselves on the back and take credit for his or her work as a whole. The reality is that the medical field is rife with countless cases of misdiagnosis, neglect, abuse and fraud, preying on the weak and the poor, sending the cost of our universal tax-funded care sky high and allowing the sick to get sicker and die from otherwise treatable ailments. If anything, lawyers are oftentimes the only line of defense against these money-hungry individuals who have very little to no interest in actually treating people, just lining their pockets some more and parking another cheesy sports car in their driveways. If you’ve had a great experience with your own health and doctor, consider yourself lucky and move along. Don’t visit Dr Adam Oster for any help of that kind.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr Adam Oster at the Alberta Children’s Hospital. I wish you gave my son, Wali, some more time and really diagnosed him the way he SHOULD have been diagnosed the night we rushed to the emergency because he had a burning fever and couldn’t breathe properly. You corrected me saying, “It’s called stridor, not wheezing,” when I told you how I could hear wheezy sounds while he struggled to breathe. I wish you looked a bit beyond the checkup done by the nurses in triage. You stood in the room we were for less than five minutes and gave my two-year-old a STEROID medicine which he never needed. Three days after you saw him, we saw another doctor and she sent us in for a chest X-ray right away and turns out all that he had all these days was pneumonia and NOT croup as you had dubbed. Your negligence and your careless attitude caused us sleepless nights filled with stress and pain. I saw my child’s cough becoming hoarser, his body kept fighting the bacteria causing pneumonia for so many days it went undiagnosed. He had and still has non-stop burning fevers, his appetite has reduced to almost NO SOLID FOOD and barely any liquid here and there. He is in so much pain that he’s only drinking a sip or two at a time. He has been coughing up so much mucus that his throat has been inflamed to the point that he cannot swallow without feeling pain. He wakes up at night, burning in fever and crying and coughing up. He has vomited several times, throwing up even more mucus. You are probably the worst doctor I have taken my child to. You left my child struggle with pneumonia all these days when all he needed was an X-ray to confirm the symptoms and antibiotics to follow. What I went through, I wouldn’t wish this upon my worst enemy. I seriously think you should step down and not be allowed to see children who come in with serious illnesses and you turn them away WITHOUT EVEN checking as much as their throat and ears (these are basics!). No child should be seen by you or else, they will be put on a serious risk of being misdiagnosed and mistreated.

Submitted February 5, 2018

I seen Dr. Oster in the emergency department. He has no idea what he's talking about! Told me very incorrect information, that I later verified through numerous doctors, that he was completely wrong. He's not thorough at all, very passive and overall not helpful. I wish I could of had any other doctor by him. My concerns were completely brushed off. I then later needed emergency surgery at another hospital within a day of seeing him. If he would of done proper diagnostics when I did see him, I wouldn't of needed emergency surgery.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Saw him during a follow-up Emerg visit a week after a broken neck and concussion 02/15. He took the time to have me explain my symptoms fully and the chronology of my accident and subsequent issues and gave me direct, sound advice. Although his bedside manner may come across as being a bit brusque, he was clearly very competent. Took the time to explain things to my wife also once she got into Emergency.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Oster's patient, and now I have the pleasure of working alongside him in the ED. He tells people what they NEED to hear. He told me what I needed to hear years ago...I thought he was a total dick at the time. But what he said inspired me, and I credit my short interaction with Dr. Oster as a major contributing factor to my recovery. I don't think he realizes just how good his psychiatric instincts are. His harsh approach saved my life.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014