Ratings for Dr. Juliet J. Spelman

Great, caring physician that will answer emergencies at all hours.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Spelman has helped me greatly. She has been very good at looking for drug interactions and with adjusting meds for me personally. She is warm and caring. I've been able to reach her when I needed help. I trust her implicitly.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Spelman for 10 years and in my opinion she is a stand out in her profession. She combines her skills as an experienced, highly knowledgeable physician and consummate professional, with her personable and caring nature. She listens to and will work with a patient, incorporating the latest medical advances into an individualized care plan, as opposed to just dictating a course of treatment. She is also extremely responsive to patient’s calls and requests, whether critical or commonplace. I highly value and recommend Dr. Spelman, as she is the true embodiment of what a physician should be.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I've been a patient with Dr Spelman for over 11 years. She was the doctor correctly diagnosed my illness of bipolar disorder and find the right medications to manage my illness. I've gone on to get a master's degree in social work (with straight As I might add;} and live a very fulfilling life. Dr Spelman has alwaus been so understanding and compassionate with me. She always took the time to fully explain things so I could understand my illness or why we were going to switch medications. Early on when trying to come to terms with my new illness, she was so encouraging and supportive. I live in the city of Chicago and after she closed her Chicago office to spend more time with her family in Vernon Hills, I still kept her as my psychiatrist and don't mind the commute because I only have to see her a few times per year for medication management. She also respnds to my calls within 1 business day. She's awesome!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

great compassionate woman. good luck getting an appointment though.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

I feel like I have finally found the right doctor after several years of floundering around. I have serious mental health issues. She was VERY knowledgeable and up to date with her diagnoses and meds.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Spelman for quite some time now. She is extremely caring and compassionate. She is always available for me. She is straight forward. Dr. Spelman goes that extra mile to have her patients best interest in mind.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

This doctor was not able to diagnose my Autoimmune Disease and related conditions. She needs to be aware that Adrenal Problems and Thyroid Disease can both be misdiagnosed as Anxiety Disorder. Dr. Spelman did not correctly inpterpret the Sleep Study that I had performed by a Sleep Medicine Expert. This expert diagnosed my problems as Metabolic (not psychological) and immediately referred me to a very good Internist. The Internist diagnosed my Autoimmune Disease! Dr. Spelman was way off the mark on my case! She did more harm than good.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

I saw this doctor in her Vernon Hills location. She was not helpful and did not treat me with respect. Her communication with others (about me) was most definitely not helpful for me. See her Vernon Hills listing.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2007

My husband and I both see Dr. Spelman- she has been a great help to us. She is excellent with hard to treat depression

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

Dr. Juliet J. Spelman's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med