Ratings for Dr. Charles New

Excellent! I wouldn’t trust anybody else! Extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr Charles New has been nothing but helpful to me during my back injury and along the coarse of my rehabilitation. His experience and excellence in his field along with his compassion and general care for his patients is nothing short of amazing. I strongly recommend the service and care that his surgery provides.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

I went To Dr New as my right leg and hip was painful, numerous tests were made to find out the course of my pain. I found him to be professional and easy to talk to. He is a very compassionate and generous taking time if needed. Any negative comments should be ignored. My pain is gone from my leg and that makes my life thank you Dr New.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

I can,t believe some of these negative comments should we not look after ourselves and make our own decisions,Dr New sent me for a useless heart test before major back surgery only to find one of my main arteries 86% blocked and threatening my life,thanks to Dr New I have learned a lot about my body and how I should look after it.After having my heart fixed I had lots more USELESS tests to make sure I didn't die on the table,my back was finally repaired and I no longer have the urge to fall to the ground when the nerve pain kicks in,I still have pain,not nerve,but with Dr New,s guidance and determination I know I will be better than before,believe me when I write Dr New doesn't need your operation or your money,do you really need it,Thanks for leading me down the right road Dr New,I know I have to do some work to.Cheer,s Glenn.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

My first dealing with Dr New was almost 20 years ago when I had ruptured a disc in my lower back. He operated and I spent 19 years pain free. My injury site has been deteriorating over the years due to age and I was required to see him again last year. After some tests and some cortisone injections, I am now almost pain free again. People call him rude but I believe he is a very forward man who does not suffer malingerers. He will not sugar coat bad news or possible poor side effects or outcomes but will be upfront with his opinion. I have found him to be nothing but professional in all my dealings with him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Wonderful staff, polite and helpful. Dr New has helped me navigate DVA and provided exemplary medical reports. He is very thorough and meticulous when providing assistance to his patients and Veterans. I highly recommend any Veterans or current ADF members that are being medically discharge to see Dr New for his expert opinions. This guy will go to the ends of the earth to assist the Veteran community! One in a million.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I'am extremely fortunate that my GP (who was not my regular GP, she was on holidays), referred me to Dr New. Barely able to stand up in his surgery, he explained to me that he too was a client of Dr New for the very same complaint and was extremely happy with his outcome. I had a herniated disc ,L5 S1 that was pressing on sciatic nerve with excruciating pain completely down my right leg. On my first visit to Dr New I was firstly impressed by the ladies at reception , they were polite, professional and extremely helpful, going out of their way to make further appointments for tests and hospital visits. Dr New himself is extremely professional and knowledgeable and explained the procedure with me in a language that I could understand and interpret easily. He was a good listener as well as a great story teller, and completely understood my circumstances. The hospital staff at Westmead Private and Rehabilitation hospitals were very professional and caring as well. I had an laminotomy, and from one day to the next my pain was almost instantaneously dispersed with no need for any pain medication. Dr New has very strict protocols and procedures, which , if followed, give clients (like myself), extremely satisfying outcomes. This was also expressed to me by many of the hospital staff, physios etc at the hospitals. Yes, sometimes you have to have to wait in the surgery, however, If it was myself who needed that extra time, I would be grateful that he would spend it with me and not on strict time schedule per client like you were just a number. Dr New in my opinion cares about his clients quality of life and is not monetary driven like a lot of specialists these days. Thank you Dr New, I'am eternally grateful to you for giving me back my quality of life.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

After being Medically Retired from the ADF It was recommended by my GP to consult with Dr Charles New after being confused with the whole Department Of Veterans Affairs process (and other lesser Drs). His willingness to listen to me and let me explain to him what was happening with my body he sent me off for a whole series of XRays and MRI's. Once he received the results his staff rang me to come in. His explanation was in a language I could understand, he completed all DVA reports on my behalf as per their (DVA's) guidelines. He took the time to talk to me, let me talk to him and at times when I vented he listened and then supported me. His plan of attack to deal with my many, many Orthopaedic issues was extremely helpful and continues to be to this day, he will not pander to your whims and if you are honest with him he will be very straight forward in his replies to your questions. He is also very good at detecting whether you are up front with him as well. In my opinion I could not have found a better Orthopaedic Surgeon, he is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, professional and considerate. When it comes time to have the operations that, no doubt I will need he will be the surgeon I go too, and will wait for as long as possible if he is not available at the time. I could not recommend him highly enough. His staff are also compassionate and knowledgeable in their field, all patients are greeted with a smile, any questions I have asked in relation to appointments, paperwork etc have been dealt with in a professional manner and have always been correct in their responses. I have never in the many years I have been alive met a group of people that I would recommend to anyone who asks, until now, these guys are the best in their field.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr New was very professional and extremely helpful. I had chronic back pain and sciatica down my left leg. Walking more than 20 metres was very painful, and I couldn't stand up straight. I was referred to Dr New as a private patient on the Monday, and admitted on Thursday for back surgery to Westmead Private Hospital. The surgery was successful. My recovery was excellent as I followed Dr News advice. I would highly recommend Dr New. His no-nonsense approach was highly appreciated and he "did what he said he would!!" - which is a refreshing change in my experience. I think the negative comments below are unfounded. Dr New is very helpful with excellent staff.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

My elderly mother had recent back surgery by Dr New in the public system. He was very professional and extremely supportive. My mother has made an excellent recovery.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018