Ratings for Dr. Tariq Ismail

The worst doctor in the whole world. do not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I went for my appt today at the BMI priory. It was my first time having an appointment there. I was assigned to see a Mr Tarim Ismail , and i agree with all the comments below. He is the most condonsceding, irate, callous , and arrogant human being I have ever seen in my life. Only after the money. He insinuated I was a hypochondriac, I panic for no reason whatsoever and thought I was a nuisance. I asked HIM a DOCTOR sorry schiuld I CONSULTANT for advice and gave it in a demeaning manner. He didn't care for both me and my mom who attended with me. Do not go private it would be the worst mistake you would make in your life. NHS hospitals are way better aside from the oversubscribed numbers of patients and the long wait. Trust me it's better to be safe then sorry.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

This Consultant gives medical practice a bad name. Whatever his clinical competencies, his lack of humanity, his arrogance and lack of sensitivity undermine his undoubted skills. He is practising on real people with fears, insecurities and limitations. Should be avoided at all costs

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Very bad experience. Not recommend to anyone. Do not explain things well.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I paid a lot of money to be treated terribly. I was not taken seriously, he implied I was a hypochondriac and said that my history was 'challenging to believe'. He said I looked too healthy for what I was saying to be true and asked if I had a problem with being 'nervous' or 'twitchy' and asked if I visited my GP a lot. He then said I was most likely fine and just needed my bowels 'retraining'. After the initial consultation I had a colonoscopy with him. I felt as if he didn't care and was just trying to rush through as many patients as possible. I was left waiting ages afterwards with the nurses saying I had to be seen by him before I could leave. After around 3 hours, with a friend waiting to collect me having waited over an hour, I was informed that he wouldn't be bothering to see me after all and that I could leave. Apparently he had said it was unnecessary to see me as he had explained the results to me after the colonoscopy. However, as I had been under a conscious sedation, I was not able to remember what he had said. Later when I saw my GP she said the results had been normal though I was told that he had referred me for a capsule endoscopy without even informing me! I had the capsule endoscopy with the NHS at the Queen Elizabeth hospital and my goodness what a difference. I was treated with nothing but respect throughout and my concerns were taken seriously. The results of this showed evidence of Crohn's disease but in the small bowel rather than the colon, which was why the colonoscopy was normal. Of course I cannot fault Dr Ismail for not finding this during a colonoscopy, and I am thankful that he referred me for the capsule endoscopy meaning I could be finally be diagnosed. However, it was really frustrating and humiliating to be treated like I was a liar and that nothing much was wrong with me. After being diagnosed with quite a serious illness I am furious.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

My dad went private and chose DR Ismail ( he had no grudge against the NHS ) but once diagnosed with cancer he obviously thought he would get " not better care " but more involvement in his choice about his care....even as a NHS nurse I let my lovely dad make his own choice but I have to say his surgeon Tariq Ismail was the most rudest condescending person I have ever met ( I have been nursing for 20 yrs).. He spoke to my father in such a patronising way n dismissed myself and family at every opportunity rather than face the simple questions what all family's would ask, I was always taught as a nurse to treat patient s how you would want your family treated, if you want that in a surgeon do not choose Tariq Ismail,most arrogant surgeon I have ever met and I have been in the NHS for 20 yrs,if u google him it goes on bupa so can't write comment , but take it from a daughter who misses her dad n just wished he had been treated with dignity n compassion by paying private by the surgeon...and he wasn't ,I just hope no one else has to suffer the rude obnoxious manner we had to deal with

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional. He is totally incompetent and will refuses to see patients when things go wrong. He left me in agony and then sent me to my GP to sort it out, why when he is the so called specialist, who I was sent to see to have surgery?

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

This surgeon has an appalling manner. Supercilious, misleading, and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013