Ratings for Dr. John Curran

Went to him for TMJ and severe jaw lock. Upon walking into his office you have to pay $184 and the money is very important to them. The initial consult actually went well, he explained in detail, what was wrong and how to fix it with a simple surgery. The surgery however was horrendous. For one, he was over 2 hours late and the secretary was very rude when I asked where he was. There were other surgeries that day and there was a crowded hallway full of people waiting. When I finally got in and hooked up to IV, Dr. Curran came in and said "why are you here?" I said "to get my jaw fixed" and he said "well what's wrong with it?" What?! Shouldn't the doctor already know that?! He got my chart and said "okay so simple exam here ..." then called me by the wrong name because HE HAD THE WRONG CHART!! One of the nurses said "this is Ashley, remember Dr. Curran?" in a childlike tone and the other nurses looked awkwardly at each other. Finally things got underway and I was given drugs to numb me and make me woozy but keep me awake. After surgery I was apparently given instructions and papers but because I was under drugs I couldn't remember anything I was told nor did I have any papers when I came too completely. How completely irresponsible to give a drugged up paitient important instructions! It's been 6 months now and no one from his office has ever called to check on me or book a follow appointment and the worst part is not only did my jaw not get fixed, but now it's worse than ever. All they cared about was the money. Horrible horrible doctor. This man should have his license taken away.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Went to see Dr Curran due to severe jaw lock his RESIDENTS preformed a small operation only making my jaw 100 times worse. 4 months later I am still unable to open my jaw at all and am on a liquid only diet. Because of dr. Curran and his residents I’ve lost 40 pounds in 4 months. Dr Curran has now dismissed me from his practice because he doesn’t know how to fix his mistakes and won’t release any information to my dentist office so they can make a treatment plan. Hands down the worst oral surgeon in Winnipeg.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

worse dental experience i,ve had in my life does not deserve to be an oral surgeon felt like i visited a dentist from the 1800,s used all 12 needles of freezing then asked his assistant what to do now .Hurt me real bad never again and no referals from me people get put to sleep first period

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Does not seem knowledgeable.gets mixed up.changes what he tells you.no bedside manner.does not hear what your saying or does not listen.does not explain side effects or procedures or complications.when complications arise he dismisses them by saying nothing i did.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013