Ratings for Dr. Frank Lombardo

I always had pain in out side of knee (Lateral), Dr. Aierstock told me that partial knee replacement works for me, but he doesn’t do Lateral replacement. He send me to Dr. Lombardo. I heard good thing about him from few people, so I thought I can trust him. I had problem in both knees. Dr. Lombardo said “ You will be fine in 4 weeks for second surgery” I scheduled second surgery in 5 weeks. My bone shapes X, all pressure goes outside of my knee. There is no cartilage in lateral part. I asked Dr. Lombardo “After I get implant in lateral part, it will lift outside then gives pressure to inside of knee. Does that bring any problem to inside of my knee?” He said “ No, I can measure exactly how much I can lift. You won’t have any problem to inside of your knee.” It was so painful after first surgery. My left knee was already swollen right after surgery. I had severe pain on my calf, couldn’t even lift my leg then I got infection. Doctor gave me antibiotics. That point, I didn’t think I’ll be ready for second one in 5 weeks, but severe pain went away in 3 weeks and most of swelling went down. I made an appointment with Dr. Lombardo for make sure that I’m ready for second surgery. He said “ Every thing looks good. You’ll be fine for second surgery.” Second surgery went very good. I didn’t have much pain. My knee could bent more than left knee right after surgery, no infection. What a difference I though. Then week after, I started have stubbing pain in inside of left knee where I‘ve never had any pain before. Lombardo said “X-tray shows everything fine, nothing wrong. Your inside of knee is getting new pressure that never had before that’s why getting irritated” I said I asked you before surgery. He ignore that then said “ Or you may tear meniscus, but you need to have MRI to find out or you can just wait” I said I want to have MRI to find out. Week after saw Lombardo for result of MRI. He said “ No tear on meniscus, you can just wait to heal,” I said I have same problem in right knee. That means same thing happen to my right knee,” Lombardo’s answer was “ You are not that unlucky.” I was wondering what should I do for PT with lots of pain. He said “You are done with physical therapy.” It was only 3 weeks after second surgery. When I asked him why incision of left & right are so different. The left one was very bumpy & nasty compere to right. He got so mad, he said “ What you want me say! It was exactly same surgery with same staff and same nurse, what you want me say!” I knew that is a lie. I received surprise medical bill from surgical service.Lombardo got help from outside on second surgery. That point, I knew I can’t trust him. He won’t tell me any truth. I tried to see other Doctor in Albany then found out that I’m under pre- operative care, no other Dr can see me. Few weeks after, I got sharp pain in my right knee. Oh yes, I’m the unlucky one. I had so much pain in both knees tried to get appointment with Lombardo or Aierstock. Orthopedic associates kept ignoring me. I couldn’t make an appointment. I asked help to my primary Doctor. They called Orthopedic associate for me to make an appointment. They gave me appointment wit nurse practitioner because Lombardo is too busy. When I saw the nurse practitioner, she said you need to see Doctor. 3 month after second surgery, I was out of pre- operative care. I went to see other Dr. I was told that MRI shows I have arthritis inside of knee. Partial replacement doesn’t work for me. I have to have total replacement for both knees to fix this. I needed to make sure that total replacement is the only option. I had same answer from another Doctor. Now I’m facing to have total replacement in a year after partial replacement. I read my surgical & medical report that Lombardo wrote. He lied everything for his convenience. My severe pain was minimal discomfort, infection never happened etc. I was shocked by the all lies on his report. I’m writing this because I don’t want anybody to have same suffering that I had. Stay away from Lombardo. He is a manipulative lier who doesn’t care about patient.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

He thinks whatever he does never goes wrong. If you question something negative, he gets so mad and changes his opinion before & after for his convenience. I'm having more pain than I've ever had before surgery and he is not helping at all.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016