Ratings for Dr. Sumbul Islam

If you watch for this you will pick up on it. When she come s in the room she formulates her opinion about what you need in the first few seconds....the last time I was in her office she hit the call light to give the nurse my discharge papers before I was halfway through telling her what was going on. Had I not been in to see a nurse practioner on Dr Islam's day off, that was so much more thorough than Dr Islam had been in years I might not have picked up on it. The nurse practioner also went through all previous tests Dr. Islam had ordered for me and told me that I was,supposed to have had a follow up test from one done 3 years earlier. They had found something that warranted repeating the test. Dr. Islam never mentioned this. Infact she never went through my tests with much detail. She was always,the in and out kind of doctor....I always felt like I had to figure it out on my own or talk very quickly because I only had a quick window to tell her what was going on. Doctors shoukdnt be thus way, they should be there to help not just write out their standard script (she always,offers the same meds...even if you tell her she did it before and they don't work). She is nice but that does NOT make her a good doctor!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Quick to make diagnosis without exam or tests. Short visit mostly punctuated with doctor typing. Prescriptions were not explained. Not good with people. Staff are wonderful but not worth seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr Islam is unprofessional, rude & arrogant... Granted she has her MD but she is not personable at all. She thinks she knows all because she's a doctor... She is not open to discuss options than what she learned at Med school though reading books. There's a lot more to learn!! She does not know everything and needs to hear and listen to what is being said by a patients... She just might learn something new or different... Some patients do know themselves and their bodies very well and can help the doctor make the correct diagnoses instead of demanding she is right and the patient is wrong and doesn't know what they are talking about. She's treats the symptoms and not the true problem... She's in the business of making money not truely helping people... It never pays to act like a know it all... Expecially when she is flat out wrong and rude!!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Islam took care of both my mother and father and was extremely caring. She treated them with the utmost respect and I feel like she took time with them and explained in great detail their conditions and what she was prescribing and why. I would recommend Dr. Islam with great conviction!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

She has a tendency to give out many medications without a lot of thought... my mother in law had nunerous new medications that were prescribed and she was already taking similiar medications or had medications that were not necessary .. all prescribed by her

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. Islam uses her patient time well. She is concerned that I am following her recommendations/advice and is wants to know how my life experiences are affecting me and my health. Easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Islam is an excellent doctor because she takes the time to listen to you and truly wants to make you feel better. It is nice to find a doctor who genuinely cares. If your issue is in an area where she thinks you would have better luck with a specialist, she will refer you immediately. Dr. Islam is a wonder family physician.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

Dr. Sumbul Islam's Credentials

• Dhaka Med Coll, Dhaka Univ, Bangladesh (704-03 Pr 7/1972) (Grad. 1995)

Pacificare