Ratings for Dr. Michael M. Mainero

I did not have a good experience with this doctor. He spent maybe 5 minutes with me. I brought many test results as I've been struggling with ongoing digestive issues for over 2 years. He barely looked at anything I brought. All he wanted to do was schedule a colonoscopy. He seemed to just want to get on to the next patient. As he was walking out of the room I asked his opinion on why I'm having the issues I am. All he said was, you're not digesting food properly. I could've guessed that and I don't have a medical degree. I can't trust someone to do an invasive test that barely wants to spend any time with me. I would recommend finding someone else if you are looking for a doctor where you don't feel dismissed or rushed.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

Dr. Mainero is very patient and friendly. You can really discuss everything with him. I feel that he has had questionable treatment for persons with UC. Initially I loved him and referred 2 different families to him. But he gave one friend an ulcer with high levels of Aspirin. I myself, got the impression he was unable to explain my medications or the nature of my condition very well. My wait time is usually 45 minutes. I feel he also overcharges Insurance companies. However, in response to the other post here, sometimes doctors need to document a diagnosis that best fits ur symptoms. This must be done for insurance purposes, otherwise you should have to pay the whole bill.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I've had Dr. Mainero as my Gastroenterologist on and off for 9 years. I never felt like I was rushed.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Horrible doctor ... never returns calls. Waited in the office for over 2 hours for appointment. Added false diaganosis to insurance claims. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR !

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Excellent doctor. Very busy but always fits my husband in.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

After no success with HMO doctors I finally took the advice of a friend and I saw Dr. Mainero. He diagnosed my issues almost just by looking at me and his assumptions turned out to be correct, in some very, simple tests. His bedside manner also gave me a lot of confidence, about being able to deal with my diagnosis. Follow-up is great, plus staff is helpful and although he is busy, he has three offices, and, is a surgeon, he spends time and he will always talk..when you can catch him!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. Michael M. Mainero's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Michael M. Mainero is a gastroenterologist at Gastroenterology Associates of New Jersey (GANJ). Along with three board certifications, Dr. Mainero specializes in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies, including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and endoscopic ultrasound. In addition to his position at GANJ, Dr. Mainero is a clinical instructor at St. George’s University School of Medicine and Chairman of the Medical Executive Committee at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ. Dr. Mainero completed a GI fellowship at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ and Saint Michael’s Medical Center in Newark, NJ through Seton Hall University. He also completed his residency in internal medicine at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ. Dr. Mainero is a Fifth Pathway physician, receiving his medical degree from Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico and completing a year of clinical work at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ. Dr. Mainero is currently a member of the Medical Society of New Jersey, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American College of Physicians. He is also a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterology Association.

• English

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1985)