Ratings for Dr. Timothy D. Helton

Wonderful doctor! I have seen him for over 23 years and would recommend him to anyone.d

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I've heard Dr Helton is great -- problem is I've never actually seen him in the 16 years I've technically been his patient. The office staff is horrible and scheduling is a nightmare. I've had several appointments cancelled on me and it takes forever to get lab work back. When you go for an appointment you have plenty of time (waiting over an hour is typical) to watch people haggle with the front desk for their test results. When I was in high school and dealing with some major hormonal mood swings, the nurse I saw wrote me a prescription for an anti-depressant and sent me on my way. No further evaluation, no referral to someone with actual mental health credentials, just 'Oh you get bad PMS and social anxiety once a month? Here, take a psychotropic drug every day.' What?! I also sat with my dad for over an hour while he writhed in pain from what turned out to be a kidney stone. He ended up going to the bathroom, passing it, and we left before anyone even saw him. I was livid.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Helton for 23 years now. He never rushes me out and gives me all his attention. I can't ask for a better PCP.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

Super and Caring Doctor who cares for his patients and follows up.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Regardless of what some say, you CAN get an appt. with Dr. Helton. I think some may not ask. He is very knowledgeable and considers your concerns.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr Helton has been our family doctor for 15 yrs and wouldn't change. He has wonderful bedside manner,knowledgeable and PA or Nurse Asst. is readily available when a doctor isn't needed.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Stay away! You will only be able to see a nurse. You will also have a long wait even though you have an appointment. The staff is incompetent!You'd be wiser to visit the Urgent Care facility where you will be seen by a trained physician who will treat your illness promptly and efficiently.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

This Dr. is the best, wouldn't go anywhere else. Genuinely cares about his patients and listens. Yes, you have call early and he is often busy. This is because he is good.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

you have to wait at least an hour and then the outcome of the problem is never resolved unless you advocate for yourself.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Helton is the kindest, best doctor to my family of four. We've been patients for 18 years. Wouldn't go to anyone else except emergency room if necesary.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr. Timothy D. Helton's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=36505'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.1

March 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=36505'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 5, 2014