Ratings for Dr. Judith D. Mathura

If you have any interest in having a partnership with your doctor (or want a doctor that respects you as a person), find another doctor. If you just want to be told what to do and be treated like one of the herd, then this office might work for you. I was given incorrect information about blood tests, and was insulted for wanting to explore different options for certain tests. I loved Dr. VanDemark - Dr. Mathura is not even a distant second.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have never been treated so rude by office staff before. I will be finding a new doctor. It's sad because I liked her personally as a doctor but I was shocked at how I was treated. I am a school teacher and I was running late for my appointment. I rushed out of work. I literally ran through the parking lot. My appointment was at 3:30. I called to notify the office that I was just a few minutes away and the secretary told me if I made it within 10 minutes of my appointment time they would see me. I ran through the parking lot and up to their office for her to tell me as soon as I get there that I will have to reschedule. I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was 3:41. I said you're going to turn me away over one minute and she said our Policy is you must be here with 10 minutes of your appointment and it's been 11. They seriously turned me away over 1 minute. I'm a teacher and a single mom of 2 kids. It's not easy to find time to make it to the doctor and they asked me to reschedule after I had just spoken to the receptionist on the phone. She should have told me then that they wouldn't see me. Last time I was in their office I sat in the room for awhile waiting on the doctor to see me and because I am 1 one minute past the time they won't see me. I told the receptionist I don't need to reschedule because I'll be finding a new doctor. Unfortunately this doctor just took over the practice and if she doesn't find new staff that knows how to treat people she won't have many patients left.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

My husband and I were very impressed with her. She asks questions AND listens, explains, educates, takes her time, she's thorough , very knowledgeable, compassionate and everything that you wish a doctor would be. For the first time in many years we feel like we have a doctor who really cares and who can manage our medical needs.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015