Ratings for Dr. Michelle Thomas

Dr Thomas seemed not to care about my concernssaying ,for instance, that she wasn't worried about my high blood pressure reading as she hurried out the door. She was always on time due perhaps because there were never any other patients in the waiting room. I stayed with her for about 3or 4 years. She was fine during the first year or two, but became less helpful as time went on and I developed real problems. I stayed with her longer than I wanted to because of the difficulty of finding doctors who take my medicare advantage insurance. I would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

This Dr. has a very condescending attitude. She has very poor bedside manner and seemed very rushed. She really seems almost lazy. She is not proactive in her patients care. I would NOT ever recommend her to a family member I care about!!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

this dr is very critical of you and doesnt seem to listen to your complaints, only what she thinks is the right answer. in other words her bedside manner is horrible and seems like she treats her own staff like crap. i was in her office when a nurse came in and dr thomas treated her like she was stupid and it was embarrassing to see this in front of me, dr thomas should have pulled her aside and not done this in front of me. i will never see her again and would recommend you dont either.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I'll definitely be finding a new doctor -after 3 years of trying to give this doctor 'one more chance' to change my mind - I am finally accepting it. Consistently, every visit I've had with her, she acts very rushed - even though she tried to cover up her hurry and lack of genuine interest, I feel like she could care less about what's really going with me and what questions I may have about my own health! Isn't THAT why I'm there?! One of my questions was about depression -and she whipped out the prescription pad faster than I could blink-without asking me ONE WORD about my symptoms, or why I thought I might be depressed....say nothing of asking me if I was suicidal. That's really sad. If it's New West policies that make their doctors feel so rushed and unable to take the necessary time with patients, then shame on New West. Oh, and for the entire 3 years, they've never had my medical records in order. Today, a bunch were missing, and another person's record was mixed in. No Way!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

My husband and I saw Dr. Thomas for 2 years before deciding to find a new doc. My husband was furious that she didn't contact him about out extremely high levels in his blood test results and poo-pooed his concerns that they were out of range. I was furious that she belittled my interest in weight loss and actually padded me in the stomach saying "I see this is where your weight goes." She made me very uncomfortable talking about medical marijuana dispensaries in terms of "dirty drug dealers" and, although I told her I wanted to make lifestyle changes for my health, she asked me to take an off-label drug instead - she actually used the words "pretty please" to me. She also told my husband that if a young person gets cancer, they will surely die from it. Although, I had no problems with the staff and Dr. Thomas was always on time (a rarity in doctors' offices), I found Dr. Thomas uncaring about a patient's concern for themselves and their health care.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

New West Physicians has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in the health care industry. I was on time for my appointment, all paperwork filled out, and was kept waiting for close to an hour without ever being spoken to by a receptionist, nurse, or doctor. Dr. Thomas has no respect for her client's time or schedule even when a client shows respect for hers by being on time. Unacceptable and I will never return...GO ELSEWHERE!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Was kept waiting 1 1/2 hrs from scheduled appointment time. Antiquated paper record keeping. No followup on critical lab values. No communication with Pharmacy regarding dangerously erroneous written prescription. I had to make numerous calls to followup on labs and prescriptions. Was fired from MD's service after 1 visit.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2008

Dr. Michelle Thomas's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Tufts