Ratings for Dr. Bob Best

I went to the health center with severe upper stomach pains 7 weeks post partum. He ordered blood work and it all came back normal. He took me seriously, so ordered additional blood work. The levels came back high so he ordered a CT scan to confirm his suspicions. I ended up having gallstone pancreatitis and needed my gall bladder out immediately. I think if i had of seen someone else they would have blew me off after the first set of blood work. He had such good bedside mannor and made sure my husband was filled in on everything once he arrived.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2018

His last name suits him as he is the BEST. He is so caring, compassionate and so knowledgeable. He is a real asset to our medical system.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Sunday night I was sent home from the Cobequid and told my symptoms were merely a ‘stomach bug’. I woke up Monday morning in more pain than the night before, so I ventured back to the Cobequid. Very greatful that Dr Best saw me Monday morning because he took my concerns seriously; diagnosed me with appendicitis and did a CT to confirm his suspicions. Lucky for me I didn’t trust the Dr I saw Sunday evening! Dr Bob Best was amazing in making me feel comfortable with the transfer to the QE2 for my appendectomy. Hands down the best doctor I’ve seen, amazing personality, so greatful to have been treated by him Monday morning!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Dr.Best was the first doctor to take a serious interest in my underlying health condition he listened to my concerns and took action and if it wasnt for his compassion and knowledge I may still be looking for answers

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I just left the care of Dr. Best in the Cobiquid Emergency and I felt the need to say what an incredible Dr. Very knowledgeable and his bedside manner is superb! Puts you immediately at ease and explains everything you need to know in detail. I wish he was a family Dr. I would transfer to his care in a heartbeat! Wish we had more Dr.s like him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I was at the Cobequid Medical Centre on Wednesday, January 11th/2018 . Dr, Best took care of me and given that I was not the most co-operative patient, his empathy, kindness, thoughtfulness and understanding was outstanding. After a few minutes, he made me feel valued and put me at ease. Dr. Best is well named. He is the very best and for a woman like me who has never been hospitalized before in sixty-three years, he explained my condition to me three times before I was willingly to accept the fact that I needed to be admitted. He did so with great empathy and kindness, never once making me feel that I was a nuisance. I was there for a long time before being taken to the QEII Health Sciences hospital and Dr. Best made sure to see me before he left in the wee hours of the morning. He is amazing and I thank him for his consideration, I will never forget his kindness to me.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Took our daughter to emerge and he was such a wonderful Doctor. Took the time to explain things to us . He was great with our 2 year old aswell. We left feeling at ease and my husband and I both commented on how wonderful he was.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I do not write reviews often, however this Dr. is amazing. After a recent emergency trip to Cobequid, his diagnosis was spot on and he is caring, empathetic, professional and has a great sense of humor! The wait was 1.5 hours and when I walked out, I thought, that was worth the wait, what a fabulous Dr. all around! Cobequid is very fortunate to have him on staff.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Super caring, thorough, and did an amazing job of calming me down and making me feel taken care of during a meningitis scare. Wish he was my family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Dr. best is the best!!!! This wonderful ER doctor is caring, helpful, professional and everything good there is....it's not nice to be sick but if it happens, let's hope you are under his great care.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017