Ratings for Dr. JD Nel

We've had both our kids delivered by Dr Nel and we were very greatful for the professionalism, skill and care that he exhibited. We had no issues making appointments and were treated with patience and understanding even when rescheduling. Up to date technology and spot on diagnostics very impressive. We're greatful God steered us here.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I haven't met Dr Nel yet, but I had booked an appointment to see him with my pap smear results. The receptionist is extremely rude and not helpful at all. I was trying to explain to her that I was not pregnant, but that I was informed to go and see a gynaecologist as soon as possible because of my pap smear results. She did not want to listen to what I was tryinfg to explain to her at all. Instead, she told me that she was busy and could not assist me. I won't go and see him because of that. What she did is preposterous. I believe that patience should be treated with patience and respect hence they are called patients.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Reception is accomodating. The doctor is great, very knowledgeable and caring. Be prepared to wait awhile till your appointment is honoured though, sometimes runs up to 45min behind schedule...Very up-to-date with technological equipment, especially appreciate being able to have pic's and short videos loaded onto a memory stick... Overall a great experience & well worth the cost...

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr Nel is good, but his receptionist treats patients very unprofesionally. She makes appointments but arrives late. Treats patients like they are in her way. Fights with the dr about internal issues in front of patients. When an apoointment runs late because she was late, she blames the patient. I phoned last week to make and appointment to discuss a treatment with Dr Nel. She didn't have appointments open for that week only the next week Tuesday. I could not make either one and when I asked if there was any other dates available she literally told me "Listen lovey, I am busy. So phone me when you know when you want to come." I cannot see throught the phone so I will rather go to another gynaecologist where I am treated as a patient and not a dog. She is also his wife, so do not expect him to talk to her about the behaviour.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013