Ratings for Dr. Jeffery J. Graves

I had an appointment with Dr. Jeff Graves concerning a spot on my nose following an injury. He immediately diagnosed me as having Basal Cell Carcinoma no questions asked, how long has this spot been there, when did you first notice it, etc. He said it was an unmistakable, classic case of basal cell carcinoma and I would need MOHS surgery as soon as possible. He diagnosed me by simply by sight and there was no question what so ever. He told me someone would be calling me to schedule within the next 7 days. He told me it is standard procedure to do a biopsy to rule out melanoma however he was certain that it was Basal Cell and not a melanoma. He told me he would be scraping skin cells from the bridge of my nose much like shaving. I asked him if I would have a scar from the MOHS surgery and he told me yes but the alternative in not removing the cancer would be loss of my nose. That evening I changed the bandage on my nose and at that time I found that he had removed a large chunk of skin from the bridge of my nose which left a hole, he did NOT scrape or shave the spot, he dug a chunk of skin out of my nose. Four days after being told I could lose my nose from this cancer I receive a call from his nurse who abruptly blurts out harshly "the results of your biopsy are benign" I ask what does that mean, she said "you don't have cancer" I asked what about my nose, the doctor cut a large amount of flesh from my nose, she stated "well that's a cosmetic issue now". 6 weeks, several visits and injections into my nose Dr. Graves told me that his associate Dr.Bortnick would repair the place on my nose where he had removed the flesh, false again. That plastic surgeon that Dr. Graves set me up with spent less than 3 minutes and said to me “all faces have a characteristic of some sort just wait a few months to see if the area fills in and if it doesn’t then come back. Dr. Graves grossly and irresponsibly misdiagnosed me. He continued to tell me things to pacifying me leading me to believe his assurance that my nose would be fixed. Clearly Dr. Graves is not taking responsibility for what he has done and is now making excuses and twisting the facts. He has caused damage to my face because of a misdiagnosis and he lied to me about the type and process of the biopsy he was performing. He is not going to fix what he has caused. My skin situation is far worse now than when I came to him seeking advice on a very small spot on my nose. This has been a nightmare. I pray that no other people fall victim to this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I broke out in rash and had several factors that could have caused it, so I went to a Dermatologist for my second time ever. The first time I saw a Dermatologist was in Florida and I think she followed the 4 foot distant law, meant for patrons at a strip club, not patients you are suppose to be diagnosing a skin condition! So I was skeptical! At Dr. Graves' Office I put on a paper robe and was completely examined, meaning he looked closely at my skin:) I told him the factors that I felt may have caused the outbreak. He said what he thought it to be, but gave me a biopsy to be completely accurate. He then prescribed creams. I went to fill the prescriptions and they were very pricey, even with my insurance. I called and spoke with a wonderful nurse who said she'd relay the info to Dr. Graves. Dr. Graves actually called me the next day and gave me the biopsy results with a plan of action. He also prescribed cheaper creams. Could not be happier:)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Dr. Jeffery J. Graves's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)