Ratings for Dr. David Hill

Wouldn't recommend this doctor. He delivered my first son. He was very dismissive. His appointments were only a few minutes long. He was condescending and spoke a lot about himself. I always felt rushed and when I asked questions he made me feel stupid. He told me I was having a cesarean because my son was breached at 28 weeks. He never explained why. I had to do all my own research. While he was cutting me open and delivering my first born he was talking to the other doctors about a football game that had happened the night before. After bragging about a new tv he was off to buy in the scrubs area, he told my husband as he was leaving that he would be up to check on me in a few hours. He never came. I didn't see him again until day 4.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr Hill was very good at the delivery of my first son and I had a great labour in the end. However, in the lead up to my delivery I was told that I should expect to have a c-section as my pelvis would be too small to deliver vaginally, based on the fact that my baby had only engaged minimally. He was also defensive when I asked him questions or to provide further information, or evidence regarding vague statements, and at times I felt he responded in a patronising way. Overall, I had a very good birth with him and a healthy baby, however there was a lot of extra added stress and worry because of his approach in consults in the lead up to delivery.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Exceptional. Considered the best in Brisbane. Dr Hill owns all aspects of the process up to and including the delivery room to give the new arrival the best chance of arriving healthy.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Had a great experience with Dr Hill. We will go back to him next time as we can't fault his care provided to us

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr hill safely saw me through my second pregnancy. I went to dr hill as I was hoping for a vbac. He was gentle and s,upportive addressing my concerns, at 32 weeks gestation he successfully diagnosed what I thought was early labour as appendicitis and I feel if not for him myself and daughter may not be here today . I ended up having a c-section, but felt that he did everything possible to give me a positive pregnancy and birth experience.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor. He brushed aside other professional recommendations for a c-section and refused a referral for a dating scan even after another professional stated my childs head was very large and again a c-section would be recommended. My baby after becoming stuck and becoming very distressed was delivered via forceps with an episotomy. Dr Hill didn't even tell me he was going to cut me and i ended up with a 3c degree tear. A years worth of physio later i have 80% function of bowel and bladder and nothing will make this any better. if you have concerns about your pregnancy or other underlying medical conditions and he is refusing to listen to you and just brushes you aside please find another doctor. I wish i had listened to my gut instincts.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr Dave is the best OB in Brisbane hands down. Personable with excellent bedside manner, extremely proficient and knowledgeable, supportive of personal choices, his staff are awesome, he knows when to tell you what to do and when to just provide support. I survived 4 high risk pregnancies and have 5 healthy kids thanks to Dr Hill. He is the Doc for high risk, completely natural and everything in between.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013