Ratings for Dr. Allan L. Kurtz

Over booked, staff not that helpful. But he is a good Dr.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

An hour wait in the waiting room, another 20-30 minute wait in the examination room, then about eight minutes with Dr. Kurtz, who looks at the screen of his computer most of that time, offering brief responses over his shoulder. I could have had two heads and he wouldn't have noticed. Staff is young, untrained, unhelpful. Seems like the place is spinning out of control.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Kurtz is great , busy but always ready to hear your problem. Very supportive of any referral you are in need of. Thank you for caring for my family .

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Over an hour wait time. And now I have to pay for parking. Office staff is rude. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Kurtz is a nice guy and a thoughtful professional but he is always always late. If you are coming to see him allow at 90 extra minutes to the appointment. The staff is completely indifferent to the patient's inconvenience, they really could not care less. For that matter, I don't think the doctor cares either.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

My husband, son and I have been going to Dr. Alan Kurtz for several years now and have always had litle issues with the office staff. Never with the Doctor. We complained to Dr. Kurtz about his office staff's behavior and he said he would discuss it with them, but it does not appear that they have made any changes. They have overbilled us, charged our credit card, not returned our calls, kept us on hold for 20 minutes to make an appointment, made us wait in the waiting room for an hour, etc. However, my husband's visit last week was the "straw that broke the camel's back". He was suppose to have a fasting blood test, but Dr. Kurtz was not even there and no one othered to notify him. Tanya, the receptionist was extremely rude and unhelpful. I would give the details but I'm limited to 1000 characters. He left asking Tanya to have Dr. Kurtz call him, but he never did.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

"Dr." Kurtz is incredibly inconsiderate and rude. Not only is the wait time over an hour but once you get in the actual room, you wait for another 45 minutes until someone acknowledges you. I had to ask a nurse 3 times when I would be seen because I had to go to work and had planned to be finished 2 hours before I even saw Kurtz. I was going to pick up my prescription medication until I was told that it had wasn't authorized (no reason given). This was not an insurance problem. I was due back for a checkup in a year to continue getting my pills and he decided not to authorize my prescription without so much as a phone call from his office. This was incredibly unprofessional and caused me a great deal of inconvenience because I need to have my medication and a real doctor doesn't decide to cancel on his patients for no reason. This is a serious problem when missing a day of your medication affects your health. Overall- rude, inconsiderate, and hostile towards patients.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

Allan cares to spend more time with the young sexy pharm reps than with his patients. I cant get a call back from him to save my life, literally. The office only validates an hour of parking, yet it's a standard 70 minutes before i even talk to the guy. He finishes my sentences for me, doesn't allow time for questions and is on to the next pharm rep or patient just to make the $$$$. I had been his patient for 10+ years and this is typical of the service from his office. I only stayed that long because I'd go only a couple times per year. Now that I have a serious condition, I see how terrible his bedside manners and patient relation skills truly are. Do yourself a favor and see a witch doctor instead.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. Kurtz is a nice man, but his staff are incompetent and unhelpful. It's very difficult to get anyone to call you back even for test results or when ordering refills on HRT, and they repeatedly botched things as simple as renewing prescriptions from my pharmacy even after I'd been in for an exam and had the renewals approved verbally by the doctor. The pharmacist received a fax saying 'the patient needs to be seen before the prescription renewal can be approved,' and I'd had a full physical and blood tests three weeks previously. I've had errors on bills on several occasions, and the one time (fortunately) I had a very painful issue he failed to make a correct diagnosis, which was eventually correctly diagnosed by my periodontist! Disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Plan on waiting at least 1.5 hours before seeing the doctor. As a doctor, he's fine. His front office staff - NOT. The phrase "customer service" is an oxymoron. The medical assistants were below average - efficient with no bedside manner. Double check the billing as his staff is incompetent and awful.I got charged for a hepatitus test (insurance didn't cover) without my consent. And I didn't need the test.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr. Allan L. Kurtz's Credentials

• Spanish

• College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Iowa) (Grad. 1980)