Ratings for Dr. John A. Saurino

Saved my sight. Very compassionate and caring. He is the kindest, more knowagable doctor I have ever met. Even though he is rushed you are never neglected when time is needed to discuss any concerns or needs.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I was in the office with my mother who has cataracts and needed to be inspected. The Dr. was fine, but I have never seen such a rude set of older women treat a co-worker the way these people were treating the younger girl working up patients. I had plenty of time to wait (close to 3 hours) and in that time I watched just about every woman make the girl stop what she was doing and go do something else, often causing longer wait times. One worker who I think was named "Chris" even told the young girl that she was "fuc*ing stupid" within earshot of multiple patients which is so unacceptable and disrespectful that I wanted to walk out of there with my mother right then. This is not a one-time thing, either, as it seems only the younger girl is applying herself and I often see one or two people working there that don't "work" as much as chat. Sadly, this office is the only one in the area that can help, otherwise I would look elsewhere. How employees are treated and how they seem to like working somewhere are key to me when choosing a service or medial professional, and if this is any indication, any Dr. that allows an employee to be treated the way the young girl that works here is is not a Dr. I would want to see. I hope Dr. Saurino realizes that he has in his employ some of the rudest, nastiest, laziest people I have seen with the only exceptions being the Dr. himself and the young girl who set us in our room.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Thank you for your great treatment. I was seen quickly for my retinal tear and it was repaired easily with laser

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have had two hospital surgeries with Dr. Saurion and two laser in-office repairs. All retina related. First about the wait time, it has improved dramatically since I began seeing him in 2001. At one time, he was just about the only Dr. in the area that did retina surgery...that is why so long of a wait. There are several Tulsa Dr.'s in this field now. If you can schedule, early morning is the best...before emergencies start getting worked in. I usually see him within 30 minutes. Dr. Saurino is an excellent Dr. He is friendly but all business. No, he won't chit chat and hold your hand. He is there to help and repair your eyes. Obviously, I really like him. His staff use to be very stable but each year that I go back for a check up, I know none of them...too bad, but not a show stopper. I've never had any insurance or billing problems in my 14 years as a patient. When you are dealing with your eye sight, skill is important; Dr. Saurino is super. How Tulsa landed him, I have no idea!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Saurino is a very knowledgable , compassionate and caring physician and his staff is top notch!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I started seeing Saurino in '08. My first visit showed us that I had 2 tears in my retina and it was starting to detach. It was not an emergency situation so we scheduled my surgery for the following week. I was SO nervous but felt a bit better when he came in before the surgery to talk to me, and said a little prayer with myself and family. The surgery went very well and the buckle is in place. I saw him VERY frequently in the following weeks/months and now that it's been almost 3 years since my surgery, I'd say I go to see him every 4-6 months, just to ease my own fears. EVERY time I see him, he's incredibly nice and explains anything that needs explaining. The wait time used to be horrible (2-3 hrs) but late last year they said they stopped booking so many and now the total time there is anywhere from an 1-2 hrs (that includes the time for the vision test and time for your eyes to dilate.) I LOVE Saurino and I can tell you... I will cry when he decides to retire!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I'm assured that Dr. Saurino knows his business..but I often feel like I am just rushed through with no explanation of procedures, and/or what to expect.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

I saw Dr. Saurino for a detached retina, which is an emergency situation. He got me right in and scheduled me for surgery the next day. As a physician, you can't get better than him. He knows what he is doing and does it very well. You do need to jump in with your questions without hesistation, but when you do, he will take the time to answer anything you ask. His staff is very nice, but very stressed and overworked, and it can show. They do overbook, and they do take a large number of emergency appointments every day. A wait of 2 to 3 hours is normal for them, which is a major drawback. I had no trouble with the billing office, other than them always being backed up and taking extra time to process things. I do think they could organize themselves better, and stand for a few extra doctors in the practice, but Dr. Saurino is one of the best, so if you can put up with the office environment, definitely go see him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

My eye issues are minor and when i went in for my appointment i was there from 9:30 - noon. Dr. Saurino was very pleasant and did not rush me. We didn't spend too much time, but there were no issues with my eye. It appears as a causual observer, that they overbooking their appointments.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

Dr. Saurino may not be the most outgoing physician, but he certainly knows what he is doing. My brother is losing his vision from diabetic complications, cannot work, and we were thinking he would go blind as the free clinics in town do not offer the laser surgery required to help my brother. Dr. Saurino agreed to do all the laser surgeries (12 in all) and the required medical exams and he based his fee for us on income. He is charging $750 total, and we have set up a payment plan of $50 a month. The difference in his vision was immediate. The office is typically very busy, but in over 10 visits we have never waited longer that an hour, the typical wait being 35-45 minutes. He does not coddle his patients and if you do not jump in with any questions when he is finished, he is off to the next patient---but if you ask a question he answers with no problem. No pain medication was given until asked for some directly (other than the first numbing drops).

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. John A. Saurino's Credentials

• Sign Language

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1989)