Ratings for Dr. Chun Ming Yu

I agree with comments below. Getting an appointment with Dr Yu is next to impossible and she doesn't provide much information or assistance or testing options no matter what is wrong with you. There is no medical care being done here, not for me a once a year prescription renewal patient who has been struggling with hormone issues and essentially dealing with it on my own. She will refer you to someone else before you are finished talking.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Dr. Yu and the staff at the office are a complete disaster. She is at the clinic 4 days per MONTH. Good luck getting to see her or anyone else! I've been denied appointments relentlessly both on the phone and trying to book online. Having multiple chronic illnesses this is completely unacceptable. Dr. Yu favours her Asian patients. They get top notch care while everyone is a waste of time. I've been her patient for 5 years and never once has she actually examined me. She hovers in the doorway and tries to sell me on Lyrica. That's her goal. Get as many people hooked on Lyrica as possible as she is paid extra by the company. Average wait for an appointment is 3 months and then 3-4 hours in the waiting room before you're seen. Multiple times I have had to remind her of drug interactions. I pulled my file from the clinic and it's riddled with mistakes and some appointments are missing altogether. I keep track of every visit and what was done or said. She's completely reckless. When a patient has a chronic illness and you only allow them 5 minutes of your time how do you expect them to make progress when you refuse to do your job and actually help?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Dr. Yu is great. She always sees you as a whole patient and takes time. She won't rush you out which is why sometimes she runs late. I'd rather have that, than a doctor who rushed you out. overall great doctor!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Awful doctor. She only works 2 days a week so trying to see her is impossible. My wait for an appointment is easily 2-3 months. Forget trying for a "same day" appointment. The receptionists will deny you every single time. Even with other doctors on staff they won't let you see anyone. Last time I saw Dr. Yu she didn't even sit down. I barely began to tell her why I was needing her help when she interrupted me and said to go ask my pharmacist what to do/what to prescribe. That is not my pharmacists job!!! Even when I spoke to my pharmacist she refused to take his suggestions and did absolutely nothing.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Dr. Yu has been my mother's family doctor 3 years. She listened and never rushed my mom. She totally understands old-age patient's problem. She cares about both their physical and mental health. She is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I've been a patient for 4 years and am never allowed a same day visit. It's a constant battle with receptionists who act like you're a waste of time. Dr. Yu has never examined me in 4 years. I've had one physical by a nurse. Wait times to see Dr. Yu are at a minimum 2 months. It doesn't matter what my issue is her answer is always to go get a massage. Even when I had a ruptured eardrum she told me to go get a massage.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

for the yearly consultation she literally just walked in, and said: " u look like an healthy teenager so i dont think you need any examination." stay away if you are Asian

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr Yu is usually rushed when she comes in the room, seems to know her stuff.Nice lady . Very hard to get an appointment and usually takes over a month to get in to see her specifically. Wait time is usually 30 mins or longer. Thank goodness there are other doctors who can treat you.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Great doctor Worst staff Bad management Awful patient care

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Yu is my family doctor for over 3 years. In the past she was more accessible but recently we have noticed that she is working just 2 days each week. When ever we call we are told that to book an appointment it will be after two months but if you just walk in on Saturday she can see you same day but you have to wait and the staff also don’t give you appointment for Saturday’s. one of the staff member told me that it is ministery’s requirement that you should not book an appointment on Saturday rather patient can come in without the appointment but still they told me to come between 9-10 am or between 2-3 pm etc. If we need a Doctor during weekdays then chances are that I will have to see another physician of the group then what is the point of have a family physician if you can book an appointment and also you have only 1 day to see her. Absolutely Disappointing.

Submitted December 16, 2017