Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Rae

Dr. Rae is an amazing therapist and by far the best I've had. I have been going to her for over 5 years now and she's always there. Since moving offices her punctuality has improved incredibly and always makes me feel warm and welcome. Having her therapy dog, Beans makes things even more comfortable. She always listens closely and offers great advice. She goes above and beyond to help, even if there is an issue that doesn't involve mental health. She's the first therapist I've gone to where I feel like I can actually open up and won't be judged for what I tell her. She can relate easily to what I'm going through based on her past experiences. I truly feel safe in her presence and consider her a friend.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I wish I could apply negative stars. She is incredibly unprofessional and always late. I once heard her speaking ill of one of her patients to the girls at the coffee shop next door, which has really not done anything for my trust issues. It took quite some time to open up to my next doctor, for fear of being laughed at - as I'd heard Dr. Rae do - behind my back. I definitely agree with the other former patient who rated her with one star and said that she cares about her reputation. I would rather go without a doctor than ever see Dr Rae again.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Rae was such an inspiration to be during my times at Queens University. She truly cared and went above and beyond what a typical doctor or physiatrist provides. Im sad that I no longer live in Kingston because she was truly such an amazing doctor. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted October 17, 2014

I have known Dr. Rae for over four years and have experienced the most productive partnership that has not only empowered me within an otherwise daunting medical system, but also has given me the tools to ensure my continued well being. She understands that her role as a doctor is to help by coaching her patients. This doctor does not fit the stereotypical 3 Bs – Brash, Boorish, and Bullying. She is kind, a good listener and models her practice based on the best doctors who place emphasis on the 3 Cs – Caring, Communicative, and Creative. When I was faced with debilitating and unexpected illness, her fearlessness at finding solutions combined with her professional creativity were pivotal in my rehabilitation. I am forever grateful to have known this astounding caregiver that will go the extra mile for her patients. Other doctors should take a few lessons from this consummate professional.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Rae is caring, compassionate, and dedicated to her patients. She is thorough, knowledgeable, and committed to providing the best possible care. She has been essential in helping manage my chronic illness, mental health, and overall well-being. I feel very lucky to have Dr. Rae in my corner.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Jennifer Rae is the most unprofessional therapist I have ever come across. I saw her for approximately one and half years during university. She is very self-absorbed and uses lines one might hear on a call in radio program. She cares a lot about her reputation and likes to see herself as important but she is willing to lie and even undermine her patients on occasion. I found her to be absolutely terrible and I am quite surprised by the positive reviews - reviews which I frankly find suspicious.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr. Rae is a fantastic doctor that genuinely cares about her patients. Although she is always late-expect to wait a good 45 to 60 minutes-her thoroughness and care is worth the wait. She is approachable, friendly, and straightforward. She does not rush you out of the appointment and is open to whatever concerns you may have. She seems aware of current/recent research, new types of tests or treatments, and is willing to go the extra mile to rule things out or refer you to an expert. She has experience dealing with chronic illnesses, is a medical doctor, and (I think) also a therapist. I wish I could keep her as my permanent family doctor and send family/friends to her as well!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr. Rae is amazing! She's rated 4.75 out of 5 on the Ontario Doctor Directory, by 9 different people (http://www.ontariodoctordirectory.ca/rating/Kingston/Doctor-Jennifer-Anne-Rae-8228.html). I've seen Dr. Rae for over 3 years, twice a month. She *not* your "typical" family doctor. She saw a void in the area of counseling, and took it upon herself to help fill it. My quality of life has improved ten-fold. She helps me through my darkest days, and also shares in light-hearted laughter. Dr. Rae has advocated on my behalf, and helped me realize I am capable of making a difference in my own future. Each appointment is open to whatever is on my mind. This flexibility is invaluable. Dr. Rae knows her limitations and scope of practice, and is comfortable making referrals as needed. As a GP she can prescribe treatment, order tests, and evaluate results that non-medical professionals cannot. Dr. Rae is my counselor. I also see a regular family doctor who follows my physical health more closely.

Submitted May 28, 2013