Dr. Lauren Spevack

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lauren Spevack

I had a gum graft and I was terrified at first. But one I met Dr. Spevack she was so helpful and so soothing when it came to explaining the procedure. I felt almost no pain at all the entire time of healing and it was a truly amazing experience. She is very gifted in our procedures and knows very well what she is doing. When I was originally told I needed 2 grafts I was scared as I knew I was doing one at a time but after my first one, I was actually excited to get the second one done and booked it today with a smile on my face as I knew I was in extremely good hands. She is a great role model for other doctors out there. She knew very well what she was doing and more importantly she made sure I was good with everything as well. A++++

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Excellen. Dr. I’m Very satisfied with her surgery.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

I followed my intuition 100% and decided to go see Dr Spevack solely based on the wonderful online reviews. I am pleased to report I had an extraordinary experience. I explained to the secretary Yvonne that for medical reasons I needed to be seen on a pretty urgent basis. Dr Spevack agreed to evaluate me during her lunch hour the next day. I elected to do a huge amount of dental work in one three hour session the next day that included deep cleaning most of my teeth, a big gum surgery as well as the removal of one wisdom tooth. Dr. Spevack's assistant Emilie gave me three Advil before she started and I can honestly say the only pain I have experienced was a moderate amount of pain for a matter of a few seconds as Dr. Spevack froze my mouth. Dr Spevack is a phenomenal person with an extremely kind and calm demeanour as well as an extremely gifted surgeon. Her team (Yvonne and Christine) at the front reception as well as her assistant (Emilie) are also very competent and caring people. Dr. Spevack sent me home with an ice pack, a prescription for an antibiotic and pain medication as well as a special mouth wash. She even went the extra mile of giving me her personal contact information in case I had any problems. I am so grateful to Dr Spevack and her team for this VIP experience. THANK YOU!!!! P.S. I copied my review from google to Rate MDs because I want as many people as possible to know about Dr. Spevack!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

simply awesome! kind, patient, understanding, just pure excellence

Submitted September 27, 2017

Voici une spécialiste en parodontologie et en implantologie vraiment exceptionnelle ! Elle aime clairement son travail et le fait avec beaucoup d’assurance et d’aplomb. Toujours très bien préparée, elle explique clairement toutes les étapes de ses interventions. Elle est très précise et méticuleuse et on se sent toujours en confiance avec elle. A rock star !

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I broke a tooth, and it had to come out. I was so scared. She was supportive, kind, patient, and to my huge surprise...it did not hurt. She was terrific. And now I want for the implant.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I was taken advantage of by my previous periodontist: Unnecessary treatments, rushed during treatment, heavily overcharged and had to pay for follow-ups. Dr. Spevack took me in an emergency stayed after-hours with her assistant, took her time, explained everything, and did not charge me for follow-ups. Gave me her email and phone just in case I have pain over the weekend. I'm sending my friends and family to see her now.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Excellente Parodontiste! Douce et calme, elle a vraiment été à l'écoute de mes inquiétudes et questions! Je la recommande à tous!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Kind and compassionate doctor. She took the time to listen to my concerns and answered all of my questions. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

wONDERFUL EXPERIENCE GREAT TOUCH, AND VERY KIND AND HELPFUL !

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Lauren Spevack's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lauren Spevack received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, and a Doctorate of Dental Medicine from McGill University. She continued her post-graduate training in Rochester, New York, at the Eastman Institute for Oral Health leading to a certification in the specialty of Periodontology. She later completed an Implantology Fellowship where she received advanced training in prosthetically-driven dental implant treatment planning and therapy in the Prosthodontic Department at the University of Rochester. As a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, she is a certified specialist in periodontics and implantology. Furthermore, she is a certified Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Spevack is a Faculty Lecturer and Clinical Instructor at McGill University in the Department of Dentistry, in the Multidisciplinary Residency Programs at the Montreal General and Montreal Children’s Hospitals. She is also an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Periodontology Department at the University of Rochester.......... Dre. Lauren Spevack a obtenu son baccalauréat en biologie ainsi que son doctorat en médecine dentaire de l’Université McGill. Elle a continué ses études post-graduées en parodontologie au « Eastman Institute for Oral Health » de l’Université Rochester à New York. Dre. Spevack a ensuite obtenu un Fellowship en Implantologie dans le Département Prothétique de l’Université Rochester, où elle a reçu un entrainement intensif dans les méthodes de traitement d’implantation prothétique dentaire. Elle est chargée de cours et instructeur clinique dans le Département de Médecine Dentaire de l’Université McGill et dans les programmes de résidence multidisciplinaire à l'Hôpital Général de Montréal et à l'Hôpital de Montréal pour Enfants. Elle est aussi Assistante Professeur Clinique dans le Département de Parodontologie de l’Université Rochester.

• English
  • French

• McGill University (Grad. 2009)
  • University of Rochester (Grad. 2012)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis
  • Dental exam
  • Tooth abscess

• Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
  • Fellowship in Implantology, University of Rochester, New York
  • Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
  • Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) Health Professional Student Research Award
  • Cumberland Periodontics & Implant Surgery Sherman Prize