Ratings for Dr. Sumangala Vasudevan

My mother has been seeing Dr. Vasudevan for a few months now and she will be changing doctors. Dr. Vasudevan is a terrible physician and doesn't take the time to pay attention to her patients or listen to them. She was transferred all of my mothers medical records and claims that she doesn't understand why she is on the medications that she is on and then decided WITHOUT discussing with her that she would change them and take her off some of them. My mother is Bipolar and needs her medications or she is very suicidal. Dr. Vasudevan thought her bipolar medicine was pain medicine! She didn't even know! Then she called in the wrong prescription to the pharmacy twice! When I tried to explain to her that my mother needs her bipolar medicine she said that she won't prescribe it to her and that she needs to see a psychiatrist instead. So now there is no telling how long she will be off her medicine and if for some reason something happens I will sue her and fight for her medical license.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013