Ratings for Dr. Joseph K. Lam

Staff can be better, so much for hiring some young twits at reception who don't know how to greet people. You almost have to wave your hand so she'll stop playing with her phone and look you up on the computer. Otherwise, doctor's great and I've seen this guy for years and with no complaints. Funny how haters attack this poor guy who just doing his job, it sure seems like it's all from those who failed at pulling their WCB/ICBC scams or just couldn't get the doctor to lie on their doctor's note.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

He is the most horrible Doctor ever. He won't listen to your problems he'll dismiss you as soon as he can and say things should resolve in 2-3 days. When I went back a month later he said it's a virus it'll go away on its own

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Great communicator, straightforward, and easy to work with. My mom's a new patient of his and she was sent to the lab for some tests and was later referred to a Specialist for surgery. After surgery, my Mom was discharged and one the same day an issue arose where I needed to speak to Dr. Lam. I called him, spoke to him, and he was nice and polite. There were no phone tags, no idiotic receptionists screening calls, zero drama.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

He is terrible. Worst doctor ever. He didn't listen to any of my concerns and just ignored or shut me down when I had something to say. He wrote me a prescription and asked me to leave.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Lam for quite some time and he's also the physician for our family as well. One thing I like about him is that he's not "prescription happy." If you're looking for some sort of "fix all" pills for every disease (or something stupid like anti-smoking pills) then he's not the person. He's a very friendly person to deal with and a great communicator. I can't really give him a mark on punctuality since his office is a walk-in. But for everything else I'd give him 10/10.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I went to Dr. Joseph Lam immediately after a car accident. my visit with him was over in 5 minutes flat he gave me a prescription which i filled only to realize it was for naproxen, an over medication i could have got cheaper without a prescription.he refused to give me a note excusing me from work, instead he gave me a note saying I'm not to lift more than 15 pounds. having seen this my boss sent me home, so now as far as ICBC is concerned im off work without a note from my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Horrible doctor. Unprofessional. Lack of passion to treat a patient. My laboratory result was abnormal but he still told me that it was normal and not adjusted the medication. I told him I had chest tightness and the ECG showed abnormal hear beat . He did not take it serious. He even did not listen the heart sound. I am taking hypotensive medication. At least he should check the blood pressure every visit but he did not.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

this is the worst doctor that I have ever seen! I went to see him because I suspected that I might have ADD and I needed a referral to see an ADD specialist, instead he referred me to a psychiatrist!! (who recommended that I see an ADD specialist! He gave me the. complete runaround, I ended up wasting time & money ( both of which I don't have a lot of. Some him on another occasion when I wanted to quit smoking and I wanted a prescription for "Zyban" which I had used previously and that had worked for me in the past, not only was he reluctant to prescribe it in the first place, he only gave me a 1 month prescription which also entailed me wasting more time & $. I did not find Dr. Lam to be very thourough, his english was difficult to understand and he always seemed grumpy & in a rushed.

Submitted July 4, 2014

Dr. Lam may be a little bit too much on the serious side and business-like; however, he is a very intelligent doctor, especially when it comes to diagnosing patients. Unlike many other doctors who work at walk-in clinics and simply dismiss every condition, he doesn't just guess matter-of-factly or beat around the bush. I think he is among the most trusted doctor in Vancouver.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Lam is a soft-spoken, caring doctor. He diagnosed me of having high blood pressure in 2003, when my other family doctor simply told me to "relax more in life and take care" and sent me away. Prior to my diagnosis, he sent me to get a blood test and then asked me to return on 2 occasions to take my blood pressure readings. I find him thorough in that regard since I wouldn't want to take any drugs unless I truly have high blood pressure. Since then he's become my family physician and I see him every 3-6 months to get my prescription and have my bp monitored. He's also happy to give refills so you don't have to see him every 3 months. I like this guy.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012