Ratings for Dr. Harry Tsigaras

I have been a patient of Dr Tsigaras' for quite a cew years now and have undergone a few surgeries to rectify problems in my knee that happened due to a car accident years ago I am soo grateful that i was sent to him he is really worth his weight in Gold. Together we have tried many different things to fix my issue and i finally got a partial knee replacement done. I have referred a few patients to him and they have all been soo happy with Harry just as i have been. The receptionists that i have gotten to know over the years are always friendly when i call.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Mr Tsigaras is an excellent, compassionate surgeon who freely explains all details of the surgical procedure, including MRI, X-RAY RESULTS, and ALL information regarding the prosthetic. We had discussed "the Out of Pocket Expenses" after the claiming of the Private Health Insurance Claim. I had documented in my diary that Mr Tsigaras would not charge me the fees. However the amount was altered without my knowledge to half price for both surgeries, and I was unaware that the cost had to be paid prior to the second surgery. Due to my poor moblIity and severe pain , both knee replacements were booked late 2015 and January 2016. *********************************** MY HISTORY: I am a Disability Pensioner who struggles to pay the top Health Insurance Payments. I had worked in all areas within the health system for nearly 40 years, and always paid what I owed including "the Out of Pocket Expenses" after the claiming of the Private Health Insurance Claim. ___________________________________ I was injured at work and did my best to get better without claimimg Worksafe. Folowing my injury I used my holiday and sick leave to be admitted into a reabilitation program. I claimed all services on my Private Health Insurance. With difficulty I continued to work. Following my injury I was diagnosed with other health issues issues that were related to the injury. Eventually I had to stop working and claim Worksafe. The claims were approved and I was reimbursed for all out of pocket costs. However the claim was back dated. I became a Disability Pensioner after Worksafe payments ceased. I had to sell my house, I was unable to drive due to the severe chronic pain , cramps, spasms, and nerve pain. I always believed that I would get better and return to work, however I deteriorated. WorkSafe: All the treating doctors were in private practice, and as I had paid Private Health Insurance Fees for many years, and I knew how both the Public and Private Hospitals provided care, due to my past medical history I did not close the Health Insurance. Paying the installments extremely difficult on a Disability Pension, however my numerous doctors were compassionate and understood my situation. I was always bulk billed. __________________________________ Mr Tsigaras has employed office staff who are rude, not compassionate, are belligerent, and vindictive . As I had not had any correspondence regarding the January 2016 booking, I phoned the rooms of Mr Tsigaras, and unfortunately had a discussion with Joan. 1. Mr Tsigaras was on holidays.. As the payment was not made in full, Joan had cancelled the second knee replacement. 2, Joan stated: Mr Tsigaras requires an income, and why would I expect not to pay any "Out of Pocket Fees" Joan ignored any explaination and would not reconsider booking the surgery. 4. Joan suggested that I become a Public Hospital Patient since I am unable to pay the "out of pocket fees." 5. I explained my physical and pain issues, however everything fell on deaf ears. Joan's belligerence and lack of emotional intelligence was hurtful. All staff were informed of the issues and the written formal complaints I sent to Mr Tsigaras. _________________________________ My GP had referred me to Mr Tsigaras because he found that he was an understanding and compassionate surgeon. The GP was positive that Mr Tsigarasnwould not charge out of pocket expenses, as I had worked my whole working life within the health system, and taken on difficult projects. My working life ended when I was injured at work andvthat I was now a Disability Pensioner. I regret not requesting a letter regarding my costs during my firt appointment with Mr Tsigaras. ____________________________ When I visited then surgery prior to the operation, I told the receptionist that I would discuss any issues with Mr Tsigaras. Her response was that Joan had told her that I was rude. I quietly went and sat down. I spoke with Mr Tsigaras regarding the complaint. 1. Joan had decided that I am to be charged the full fee prior to seeing Mr Tsigaras. He agreed. 2. Joan also urged Mr Tsigaras to break our fee agreement and charge me the Full Out of Pocket costs. 3. Thankfully Mr Tsigaras did not agree. He explained that Joan is an important assistant to him and runs his practice. _____________________________ My daughter paid the fees. The post operative pain management was appalling. I will not elaborate. _______________________________ As I had not had a post surgical review, and did not contact the surgery. I received a letter requesting that I attend, and the appointment is without cost. I attended. __________________ I want people to know my experience and the staff rating. Unfortunately I was recently diagnosed with another "C" disease. It is another mountain to overcome. Thankfully the Medical Director is Compassionate.-

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Absolute legend couldn't recommend him more highly only does whats absolutely necessary. Great follow ups ..Would not go to anyone else..please dont retire anytime soon Harry 😊

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Three years after my surgery for a hip replacement life is brilliant. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Caring and compassionate doctor who listens and treats a patient in an holistic way.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Delightful man, very reassuring and trust inspiring. Offered excellent options to stave off my hip replacement, all is going well. Thank you

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Met with Harry Tsigaras on June 4th 2017. Was thrilled as he was happy to see my son Jason who has a severe ABI on a Sunday. Jason requires a hip replacement. He has a fracture in his hip from a car accident in 2010. We have just discovered this fracture recently. Dr Tsigaras was delightful. Unfortunately that is where the praise ends. As Jason is under TAC there needed a letter sent from Dr Tsigaras to TAC regarding costs for Jason's surgery. TAC are waiting for this letter too. I have called 4 times in the last 3 weeks to find out if this letter has been sent. Every time I called the answer was no it hasn't been done yet and the cold uncaring staff told me they didn't know when this would happen. Jason is in pain and is on morphine. I tried to speak to Dr Tsigaras or get his email address but was shut down. Due to Jason's ABI we require a team of support staff to help Jason through this process. As I live in the country I requested the surgery to happen in the school holidays but was again shut down by staff. All I wanted was a date to work with. I now feel that Jason is just a number and unimportant. Dr Tsigaras and his staff have let us down. 3 weeks down the track we are no better off and now have to find someone who is willing to treat us with some care and respect. Really sad for me as Jason's mother but sadder for Jason who has had enough to deal with. Dr Tsigaras you need to replace your admin staff.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I have had 2 hip replacements with Harry and I always look forward to seeing him as he is so kind and helpful and professional - a real standout in the medical world. Highly recommend the journey with Dr Tsigaras. Joan at his offices is outstanding and extremely patient and helpful. Nicola is absolutely horrible to deal with and very off putting , so hopefully she is replaced at some stage. I nearly have a nervous breakdown dealing with her on the phone

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

MOST CARING, COURTEOUS AND UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR/SURGEON I HAVE MEET IN YEARS....TREATED ME LIKE A HUMAN BEING AND NOT JUST A NUMBER.....SPENT 45MINS ON FIRST MEETING EXPLAINING ALL RE MY HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY....NOW PAIN FREE AFTER OPERATION AND WALKING LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WOULD...HIGHLY RECOMMEND HARRY...WORTH THE WAIT TO SEE HARRY... CANNOT THANKYOU ENOUGH HARRY..

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Four months post op and haven't felt better. Very happy!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017