Ratings for Dr. Sinisa Stankovic

Dr Stankovich is very polite and listened to me carefully , he also showed a lot of interest and is very knowledgable . I look forward to feeling much better and being more pain free .

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Sinisa Stankovic for a very long number of years. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in my late twenties and am now in my fifties. My first rheumatologist almost killed me with over medication, I fired him; my second rheumatologist assisted me well but emigrated to Australia. The third one I saw was useless so my GP managed the situation for me until we were informed there was a brilliant young Rheumatologist working in both Morningside and Donald Gordon. Dr. Stankovic assessed me, asked his mentor Professor Stanwyk from Wits Medical school to give her opinion on the assessment and best management programme for me (that was years ago) because of my lack of tolerance of the meds. He advised a move to biologics and fought the medical aid for me until he got them to agree to allow the move. I have not looked back; his care of me, my health, is outstanding. He always calls me with results and responds very quickly to any email or call I make to the rooms should I have a problem. I am and have been for over 5 years, in complete remission thanks to the incredible knowledge and professionalism of this physician. His receptionist is courteous, bright and always cheerful and ready to help. His entire practice is run to the highest of standards and over the years I have seen a lot of consultant doctors e.g. orthopaedic surgeons, and osteoporosis specialist. I cannot over-recommend this incredible knowledgeable, kind and caring physician - he is simply outstanding.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Excellent doctor, helped me a lot. My pain that I was battling with for months, was gone in one day. Rosy is an excellent receptionist. Managed to get me a cancellation appointment. Overall, great experience

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Wonderful doctor who cares about his patients. Helpful receptionist.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Horrible receptionist. Horrible doctor who only acts like he cares when you are in front of him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I had an appointment with Dr. Stankovic in early June (which took almost two months to schedule, I might add). The doctor himself was fine and he referred me for quite a bit of bloodwork. I informed the doctor and his secretary numerous times that I would be leaving the country for several weeks and he promised the results for my bloodwork would be available before I left. I didn't hear anything from his office and I phoned several times the morning before I left on my trip. Each time his secretary informed me that the doctor would call me back within the hour. He never did. On my third attempt I suggested the doctor email me my bloodwork results since I would be out of the country. The secretary said he would do so. I never received any email (except, of course, for an additional bill for the bloodwork, which I paid for upfront, so don't know how there could be any additional cost, but this email at least proves the office had my correct email address). I returned from my trip having heard nothing from the office and decided to phone again. The same secretary answered and told me the doctor was out of the office "on a family emergency" until the end of July, and there was no way to receive the results of my bloodwork until then. I asked if another doctor could look over my tests and speak with me. She flatly declined. I asked if my results could be emailed to me. SHE SAID SHE DID NOT HAVE EMAIL IN THE OFFICE. (Please. What modern doctor's office doesn't have email??) She said there was no way I could get my results until the end of July, so TWO FULL MONTHS since I had the tests done. And, I must add, this woman was one of the rudest and most unprofessional people I've ever encountered. STAY AWAY. They'll take your money and not help you.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

been twice, showed little interest - didn't really explain anything. I left wishing I had gone to see someone else

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I also have had a problem trying to contact Dr S, regarding extreme pain. I was put on biologics which I did not feel any difference from. I was forced to make another appt with Dr to enable him to change my medication. I am now fairly pain free. I am not sure about my feeling regarding Dr S yet as my last Rheumatologist was wonderful but I am not able to see him any longer due to him moving. Time will tell!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

He is polite, but I did not get much info out of him and even started doubting his qualification. He never ever returned a call. I changed drs because when I was desperate he did not care enough to even let his secretary phone me and tell me to make an appointment. He just seems to care during the 15 minute appointment.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

The receptionist, Rosy, is very helpful and friendly. The doctor kept to the appointment time and when he consulted with me he had already spoken to another specialist who is treating me. He was up to date with my condition and also did a proper physical examination. He has impeccable bed side manner and explains his findings very clearly. Definitely a specialist I would recommend!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015