Ratings for Dr. Nyunt (Eddie) Win

I was referred to Dr Win in 2013 because I had paraesthesia in the back of my neck, across both shoulders, down my right arm and in both hands. After a 20 minute wait we had a 2-3 minute conversation (no examination; he didn't even look at my x-rays/scans, etc.) in which he joked a lot and told me I was simply getting old [I was 49] and to wear a soft cervical collar. I was less than impressed and told my GP as much. I have since seen an Orthopaedic Surgeon who had diagnosed "Chronic Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease" and told me the worst thing I can do is wear a soft cervical collar. I think Dr Win needs to retire.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

It was terrible experience with Dr Win at the base 5 years ago when I was basically told to take the medication and not do anything. We had 2 minutes conversation and told to go now as he is finished with us. No explanation of any disease or the medication. Very bad experience

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Win diagnosed my peripheral neuropathy in just a few minutes. Three years on his diagnoses was spot on. My balance has deteriorated and there is no effective treatment for this malady. I now use a cane or walker to minimize the chance of falling and the subsequent injury. Thanks Dr. Win. Kenny

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr Win Diagnosed my Multiple Sclerosis in 2010. I found him to pleasant and thorough, however his relaxed persona can come off as being uncaring, however I just think that he likes to look on the bright side of your treatment and progress.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr Win is an extremely pleasant, knowledgable and kind man.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I waited several months to see this doctor. I was surprised when the examination only took about 3 minutes, after which he washed his hands and left the tap running. He said he could find nothing wrong with me. He then wanted to put me on some "pills" that he said would "take away all my problems", but he would not explain what these pills are or what they do. I left feeling disgusted by his uncaring approach and rather bored attitude. Some months later a different GP sent me to a private neurologist in Brisbane. This doctor was very caring and thorough and quickly identified my neurological problem. I finally got the right treatment. I guess the old saying is true that you only get what you pay for.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013