Ratings for Dr. Allan Strauss

Dr. Allan Strauss has injected myself and my friends with Botox and dermal fillers over the last few years. I received multiple syringes of Revanesse and bottles of Dysport, some times Xeomin...depending on what we are trying to achieve. If you see this doctor, ask to see the packaging, he would be glad to show you. Unlike some people in the Fraser Valley whom have very little basis for their arguments against this doctor, he is a pioneer, top injector, and highly certified in comparison to other clinics. Look and see whom he is part of. When you do fantastic, consistent work with your patients, you are bound to get picked on by some bad apples from time to time. Keep in mind public, that Dr.Strauss is part of many clinics, all over B.C. He sets the bar of quality in cosmetic medicine. Yes he has nurses with him, that's for the patient care, as well as, to ease the strain on one doctor in daily practice. I am registered nurse and I work with surgeons all day long. Anyone who is good at their doctor job will get picked on from time to time, it's the unfortunate part of doing medicine these days. Too many voices on the internet, too many unsubstantiated opinions with no basis to slander this doctor. Dr.Strauss has great reviews on RealSelf, just look up and read yourself. Most of the negative comments sound like vexacious slanderous comments personally directed at him. What did Dr. Allan Strauss do to piss off so many people? He propagated with Health Canada a Canada wide recall of Juvederm. What doctor would do that? I bet your doctor would hide in a cave with embarrassment. Dr. Strauss tackled the situation head on, to ensure the public is safe, and yes steps were taken to ensure that this does not happen again to any clinic, not only his but any clinic in Canada. Think about it people. He has a letter to the profession and public, read it and you will see. Unlike most of these unsubstantiated comments, mine is real. Dr. Allan Strauss is a great doctor, and has stood up to my family MD to ensure that I get the best healthcare possible, asking directly to hospital staff how to triage my care within the hospital system. I eventually got what I needed and that was a CT scan, to rule out any tumors. Thanks to Dr. Allan Strauss, I don't think I would have got my CT scan in time. All in all, politics and public safety sometimes intermingle and collide. With how many clinics this doctor is part of, it's only Maple Ridge that creates a fuss. Try to find a real testimonial and base your judgement on that. 5 star rating for himself and his clinics.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Strauss for 2 years now. I am pleased with my treatments and confident in his professional opinion and skills. He has always done an excellent job with my fillers , botox and other treatments. I highly recommend him, and trust him completely. My fillers are always evenly done, he never over-fills (no duck-lips!) and is reasonably priced as well. The clinic is lovely, staff are excellent. I have recommended my friends and we are all pleased with the work done. The negative 'reviews' aren't worth missing out on a skilled injector and kind Doctor. I've never had a bad experience, so I recommend him without reservation. He also has a registered nurse in the office full time, which I like as she also provides extra care in a professional environment.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Strauss for various procedures for about a year and a half now and haven't had any problems. He seems well educated in dermal fillers. I've read the harsh remarks about him but it doesn't sway me from seeimg him as I've never experienced this.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Be warned!! Investigate who you trust your body/face with.. This guy has been suspended twice in one year... He is the biggest fraud in maple ridge!! http://www.cnpbc.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016-10-11-Public-notification-Interim-Action-Allan-Strauss-ND.pdf

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I was a little concerned at first when I read some of the reviews. I decided to go see the doctor anyways and make a judgement call after meeting him as to whether I would get a injection from him. He was able to explain the situation in detail and made me feel comfortable enough to trust him to inject filler. He just did half a syringe in my lips and I absolutely love them. I am so glad I came in and spoke with Dr Strauss directly. Some people can be so judgmental. I will be coming back here again.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr Allan is great with people and is highly educated. I brought my daughter in for assessment and a treatment protocol for her eczema. I have never been so well informed about eczema and the options available to treat this skin issue. I was given many handouts and directed where to look online, and encouraged to do my research. Dr Allan explained much more about my daughters eczema than my GP and dermatologist!!! I'm impressed on his positive attitude and clinical confidence with my family. Also, he is great with kids making sure that they feel comfortable and happy. I will bring my daughter back to Dr Allan for this skin issue and other issues . I recommend all moms who care for their kids to visit This doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

My husband and I are so happy we went to see Dr. Strauss. We tried for over a year to get pregnant. We felt that are chances of having a baby were fading so we booked us in to see Dr Strauss. The doctor did a complete workup of my health as well we did some laboratory testing. Just a few months after we saw the doctor we are so happy to announce we are expecting our first baby. Thanks for all your expertise and helping us. I will continue to see this doctor as he is the only doctor that truly listened to my concerns. :-)

Submitted September 23, 2016

So funny that (as always) 3 positive reviews show up in the same day after a negative review was published. This is how this guy operates. He writes positive reviews himself. He has such an ego. Seriously stay away. He may have all the certificates, but he is as unethical as they come. This guy will Be uncovered soon enough. Google his name with "mission" afterwards and you'll get even more of the real picture.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I just saw dr Strauss yesterday for dermal fillers. I wanted a soft lift procedure which is filler injected all over your face in strategic areas to lift and fill wrinkles. Dr Strauss explained very well my options and each technique would look on me before commencing the procedure. His analysis of my skin and my concerns was absolutely perfect! This doctor is extremely well educated and personable ( he smiles and laughs with you) as a patient you can sense he loves his job very much. Once we both agreed to a plan of action dr Strauss pre-numbed me with a topical waited a few minutes and began the procedure. After he was half done my face he gave me the mirror to compare the difference... I was happily amazed to see my face lifted and filled. This gave me extra comfort in him as my doctor because he was as excited as I was at this point. Obviously he has skills because he finished my other side to exactly match each other. All in all, I am educated, well explained, incredibly comfortable throughout the whole process from beginning to end. He gave me instructions on post care and where to go from here. I am booked in a few weeks for more work to be done with this doctor and will recommend him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Allan is very concise and thorough in his approach. He is extremely well educated and experienced injector. Always on time for his appointments as well as very fun to have a conversation with. I really enjoy my visits with this doctor because he always gives me insights on how to accomplish my health and cosmetic goals. This is a doctor that will admit if he doesn't know the subject well, however will do his best to find someone who knows. He has picked up the phone right in front of me and directly asked my pharmacist a question to clarify a concern. Wow what great medical service. What else can you ask for? One of my personal favorite docs. Highly recommended to everyone who cares about their health and looks. Cheers everyone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016