Ratings for Dr. Allan Strauss

After taking my daughter to numerous doctors due to teenage skin issues and having no luck I took her to Dr. Strauss. She also had other emotional issues which were not mentioned. Dr. Strauss checked her hormones and put her onto hormone treatment which not only corrected her skin but the emotional issues too.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I brought my 3 year old daughter to get help for her eczema, and relentless stomach issues. My daughter had severe pain and bloody bowel movements, almost daily. My MD and I could not suppress the pain and calm down the pain my daughter was experiencing daily. After battling an undiagnosed digestive pain and dealing with eczema I was referred to dr. Allan Strauss from my hairstylist in maple ridge. I gave dr. Strauss a try and he wanted to immediately do a blood allergy test for food and was reluctant on prescribing any products on the first visit. Dr .strauss offered to prescribe l'glutamine and probiotics and I decided to wait until the results came in. I appreciated his insight and willingness to get facts and not take a guess. About 3 weeks later dr strauss's office called me in to review the lab report. To my surprise and his 32 foods out of 120 were moderate to severe for my daughter. He wonderfully and easily explained the results, what they mean, and how to best deal with them. I received plenty of handouts and I felt that he really cared for my daughter's health. Dr Allan was so excited to find the foods on her lab. After a few weeks following his suggestions my daughters skin cleared up completely and she has not complained about her stomach pain since. It gas been a few months and I'm very impressed what dr Strauss has provided myself and my daughter. Thank you so very much dr Allan.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Allan Strauss has injected myself and my friends with Botox and dermal fillers over the last few years. I received multiple syringes of Revanesse and bottles of Dysport, some times Xeomin...depending on what we are trying to achieve. If you see this doctor, ask to see the packaging, he would be glad to show you. Unlike some people in the Fraser Valley whom have very little basis for their arguments against this doctor, he is a pioneer, top injector, and highly certified in comparison to other clinics. Look and see whom he is part of. When you do fantastic, consistent work with your patients, you are bound to get picked on by some bad apples from time to time. Keep in mind public, that Dr.Strauss is part of many clinics, all over B.C. He sets the bar of quality in cosmetic medicine. Yes he has nurses with him, that's for the patient care, as well as, to ease the strain on one doctor in daily practice. I am registered nurse and I work with surgeons all day long. Anyone who is good at their doctor job will get picked on from time to time, it's the unfortunate part of doing medicine these days. Too many voices on the internet, too many unsubstantiated opinions with no basis to slander this doctor. Dr.Strauss has great reviews on RealSelf, just look up and read yourself. Most of the negative comments sound like vexacious slanderous comments personally directed at him. What did Dr. Allan Strauss do to piss off so many people? He propagated with Health Canada a Canada wide recall of Juvederm. What doctor would do that? I bet your doctor would hide in a cave with embarrassment. Dr. Strauss tackled the situation head on, to ensure the public is safe, and yes steps were taken to ensure that this does not happen again to any clinic, not only his but any clinic in Canada. Think about it people. He has a letter to the profession and public, read it and you will see. Unlike most of these unsubstantiated comments, mine is real. Dr. Allan Strauss is a great doctor, and has stood up to my family MD to ensure that I get the best healthcare possible, asking directly to hospital staff how to triage my care within the hospital system. I eventually got what I needed and that was a CT scan, to rule out any tumors. Thanks to Dr. Allan Strauss, I don't think I would have got my CT scan in time. All in all, politics and public safety sometimes intermingle and collide. With how many clinics this doctor is part of, it's only Maple Ridge that creates a fuss. Try to find a real testimonial and base your judgement on that. 5 star rating for himself and his clinics.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Strauss for 2 years now. I am pleased with my treatments and confident in his professional opinion and skills. He has always done an excellent job with my fillers , botox and other treatments. I highly recommend him, and trust him completely. My fillers are always evenly done, he never over-fills (no duck-lips!) and is reasonably priced as well. The clinic is lovely, staff are excellent. I have recommended my friends and we are all pleased with the work done. The negative 'reviews' aren't worth missing out on a skilled injector and kind Doctor. I've never had a bad experience, so I recommend him without reservation. He also has a registered nurse in the office full time, which I like as she also provides extra care in a professional environment.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Strauss for various procedures for about a year and a half now and haven't had any problems. He seems well educated in dermal fillers. I've read the harsh remarks about him but it doesn't sway me from seeimg him as I've never experienced this.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Be warned!! Investigate who you trust your body/face with.. This guy has been suspended twice in one year... He is the biggest fraud in maple ridge!! http://www.cnpbc.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016-10-11-Public-notification-Interim-Action-Allan-Strauss-ND.pdf

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I was a little concerned at first when I read some of the reviews. I decided to go see the doctor anyways and make a judgement call after meeting him as to whether I would get a injection from him. He was able to explain the situation in detail and made me feel comfortable enough to trust him to inject filler. He just did half a syringe in my lips and I absolutely love them. I am so glad I came in and spoke with Dr Strauss directly. Some people can be so judgmental. I will be coming back here again.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr Allan is great with people and is highly educated. I brought my daughter in for assessment and a treatment protocol for her eczema. I have never been so well informed about eczema and the options available to treat this skin issue. I was given many handouts and directed where to look online, and encouraged to do my research. Dr Allan explained much more about my daughters eczema than my GP and dermatologist!!! I'm impressed on his positive attitude and clinical confidence with my family. Also, he is great with kids making sure that they feel comfortable and happy. I will bring my daughter back to Dr Allan for this skin issue and other issues . I recommend all moms who care for their kids to visit This doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

My husband and I are so happy we went to see Dr. Strauss. We tried for over a year to get pregnant. We felt that are chances of having a baby were fading so we booked us in to see Dr Strauss. The doctor did a complete workup of my health as well we did some laboratory testing. Just a few months after we saw the doctor we are so happy to announce we are expecting our first baby. Thanks for all your expertise and helping us. I will continue to see this doctor as he is the only doctor that truly listened to my concerns. :-)

Submitted September 23, 2016

So funny that (as always) 3 positive reviews show up in the same day after a negative review was published. This is how this guy operates. He writes positive reviews himself. He has such an ego. Seriously stay away. He may have all the certificates, but he is as unethical as they come. This guy will Be uncovered soon enough. Google his name with "mission" afterwards and you'll get even more of the real picture.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016