Ratings for Dr. Tony Tonks

Do NOT go near this man. He will ruin your face with scars.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

When I was treated by Dr Tonks for advanced facial cancer I found him to be both attentive and courteous. However, the outcome was not positive Subsequent consultation with a Sydney specialist resulted in the cancer being successfully removed with Mohs Surgery followed by an amazing facial reconstruction.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

My face has been left scarred and a a barb from a thread is quite painful. Have written to this smooth talking character last year and he didn't even have the decency to reply.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I have had two surgeries done by Tony Tonks an abdominoplasty and a reduction mammoplasty. The results he achieved were excellent and the level of care from the first appointment to the final check were at all times very professional. I also found his staff especially Christine and Charlotte to be very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I went to see Dr Tonks and he seemed more interested in telling me about some fancy party he'd had for one of his kids than discussing my surgical issues & options. Waste of dollars in my case & like the first reviewer I would think twice before taking the time to see him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I had the same experience as the person who posted the review on 17/7/2013. Dr Tonks performed the procedure three times (only charged me the once)and still did not get it right. I was painful and I needed four days off work each time. The procedure did not work at all and I still have a loose plastic stuture (string) in my neck. I also have extensive pigmentation on my neck that I did not had before and I expect was due to the trauma. I wrote to Dr Tonks expressing my disspaointed and requested a full refund which I did receive. I would however, much prefered the result that he promised rather than my money back.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

String operation on face, Promised me that he had researched and had developed good technique. I was advised that the strings would adjust the skin on face and would take 6 months. I was also told to lose some weight. So waited and then to see him had to pay $75 to complain. There had been no change to the saggy appearance of face and my husband told me it looked worse. Receptionist was very rude. All he told me was that my expectations were to high and that it was just a gamble anyway. I think he is a smooth talker who does not care about bad results. Would think twice going to him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013