Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

I highly recommend Heidi. I chose to see her based on her previous high ratings and it became obvious with the first session why she was rated so highly! She dives in with you, gives honest, real, clear reflections on what you are saying, processing and problem-solving. She recommended books and articles to read that I found very helpful, several exercises during the sessions that illuminated my blind spots, and is very compassionate and supportive while at the same time giving a good dose of tough love when it is needed. I am learning so much and have already made some big and positive life changes from being in treatment with her. The best thing I've done for myself in years.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Once I dug up the courage to face some personnal issues, I decided to start counselling with Heidi. She was extremely efficient in helping me recognize patterns, and links I had not identified on my own. She is a warm, caring, down to earth person, who makes you feel at ease from the very beginning. Because of her counselling, I now feel more in charge of who I am, and my decisions. I will forever be grateful for the help she has given me, and will not hesitate to go back should I feel the need to. I highly recommend her services. :-)

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I did couples therapy with Heidi. My partner and I both felt comfortable and an instant connection with Heidi. I would say her greatest assets are her listening skills and good memory, her ability to see the common thread, her ability to help you uncover your real issue and to work through them, and to find a common ground or a solution. Heidi was more proactive then passive, as my past experience was with other therapists and I found that refreshing and more more effective. You could tell how prepared she was as she brought up past conversations that were pertinent to the current session. Her counselling had a structure and she led us through the sessions with an idea of where we would finish. Best of all she made us work on ourselves and move forward as individuals and to be better toward ourselves as a couple. I would highly recommend her for individual and family counseling.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Heidi is an amazing therapist. I love how she dug into my past, my childhood, and drew a map of my family tree and friends at the first meeting - I was impressed at how she later remembered everyone as well as the anecdotes I had told, it really made me feel like she knew me and understood me. She was also really good at always pin-pointing exactly the dynamics that were going on or that I was repeating in my life, it helped me realize certain behaviors or thought patterns I had and helped me change them. Heidi also has a lot of compassion, which really makes you feel like you have this new friend who knows absolutely everything about you, who cares and gives you the best advice. I strongly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Heidi is the best psychologist I have ever had.I have done so much progress with my self esteem problems since I`ve had the privilege of having met her.She is always right on when it comes to emotions,and is an all around good person.Thank you for being part of my life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

J'ai eu la chance de rencontrer Heidi pour une thérapie de couple. Nous avions préalablement fait des démarches avec les thérapeutes du programme d'aide aux employés (PAE) de ma compagnie sans jamais trouver le ou la psy qui allait nous amener au niveau de compréhension et de résolution de nos différents. Croyez-moi, je ne suis pas un client facile mais je peux vous assurez qu'Heidi avait les outils, les connaissances, l'écoute, la patience et les habilités pour amener notre couple à un niveau que nous n'aurions pu espérer. Heidi est efficace, respectueuse et à un don exceptionnel de nous amener à se questionner, se comprendre pour ainsi trouver par nous-même la façon de mieux fonctionner et mieux réagir avec les différentes contraintes de la vie quotidienne. Je vous la suggère fortement si votre santé mentale vous tiens à cœur et je suis fier de dire que le succès de notre couple est assurément passé par son intervention. Merci Heidi… Matt

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Heidi is an excllenet therapist; extremely compassionate, objective and empathetic. She has always made me feel like I have a safe outlet to express myself and my needs, and has helped me to better understand myself. She is completely non-judgemental and really listens to what you need!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)