Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

….My phone call was returned almost immediately, and an appointment set. Within minutes of walking in and talking to Heidi, I felt like I was talking to an ‘old friend’. Although I had arrived doubtful that ‘anything’ would help, her patience, professionalism and diligence began to give me hope. She was supportive, understanding, non judgemental. After several months of hard work, never pushing me but with firm guidance, my faith took a turn. Heidi seemed to have an uncanny insight into what I was and was not saying. To my amazement, I always felt better after my sessions, regardless of whether I was upset, angry or tearful. And stronger. Not falling apart with every little issue. Those issues were now not as overwhelming as before. Something was actually working, I began to feel increasingly hopeful and stronger as the days went on. Today, I continue to work on myself. I would like to express how grateful I am for the excellent work Heidi has done, she has helped me find me. From the first day I arrived at her door until now, I have continuously received the same highly conscientious, compassionate attention to my needs. Heidi is truly dedicated to her clients. For this, I give thanks. I am stronger. I AM GRATEFUL Thank you, Ronni C

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Heidi is an amazing psychologist and an incredibly kind human being. She is an excellent listener which allows oneself the “space” needed to open up and feel comfortable speaking. She is extremely personable, kindhearted, non-judgmental and honest. She has helped me greatly through a very difficult marriage and subsequent divorce – she is simply the best!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I went to Heidi because I was constantly crying out of nowhere, had anxiety attacks, intrusive thoughts and overall knew something was wrong but didn't know how to fix it. I sent her an email briefly explaining what was going on, she answered promptly and in less than a week we had a meeting. She was the second professional I seeked, and from day one she was already onto the root of the problem. Her approach enabled me to see that those irrational fears and feelings I had actually had a very solid basis and then healing began. She really knows what she is talking about, she actually listens to what you say, and she isn't the type of person who will state the obvious after you just spent 20' telling her something. Her questions are pertinent, and she is very respectful too. 11/10 would recommend.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I have worked with other therapist before that I didn't really clicked with until I found Heidi!! There is a real compassion in Heidi that clicked with me right in our first session. It is for this reason, why I stayed with her for 8 years, as I don't think I will find a better therapist!! I have worked with her on a lot of my issues that I didn't think I would ever come to term with but thanks to Heidi's supportive guidance, tough love and nudge in the right direction, I have been able to face them head on. She is very respectful if you are not ready to face certain issues until the time is right for you to face them. I would definitely recommend her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I read all the rating comments and they are all right. Heidi is understanding, compassionate, non judgmental, open to the others, and authentic. She was the mirror of my emotions, thoughts and reflections. She helped me grow as a woman and accompanied me during the last 5 years personally and professionally . I recommend her to all my friends. I will al aye be grateful to her.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I highly recommend Heidi. I chose to see her based on her previous high ratings and it became obvious with the first session why she was rated so highly! She dives in with you, gives honest, real, clear reflections on what you are saying, processing and problem-solving. She recommended books and articles to read that I found very helpful, several exercises during the sessions that illuminated my blind spots, and is very compassionate and supportive while at the same time giving a good dose of tough love when it is needed. I am learning so much and have already made some big and positive life changes from being in treatment with her. The best thing I've done for myself in years.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Once I dug up the courage to face some personnal issues, I decided to start counselling with Heidi. She was extremely efficient in helping me recognize patterns, and links I had not identified on my own. She is a warm, caring, down to earth person, who makes you feel at ease from the very beginning. Because of her counselling, I now feel more in charge of who I am, and my decisions. I will forever be grateful for the help she has given me, and will not hesitate to go back should I feel the need to. I highly recommend her services. :-)

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I did couples therapy with Heidi. My partner and I both felt comfortable and an instant connection with Heidi. I would say her greatest assets are her listening skills and good memory, her ability to see the common thread, her ability to help you uncover your real issue and to work through them, and to find a common ground or a solution. Heidi was more proactive then passive, as my past experience was with other therapists and I found that refreshing and more more effective. You could tell how prepared she was as she brought up past conversations that were pertinent to the current session. Her counselling had a structure and she led us through the sessions with an idea of where we would finish. Best of all she made us work on ourselves and move forward as individuals and to be better toward ourselves as a couple. I would highly recommend her for individual and family counseling.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Heidi is an amazing therapist. I love how she dug into my past, my childhood, and drew a map of my family tree and friends at the first meeting - I was impressed at how she later remembered everyone as well as the anecdotes I had told, it really made me feel like she knew me and understood me. She was also really good at always pin-pointing exactly the dynamics that were going on or that I was repeating in my life, it helped me realize certain behaviors or thought patterns I had and helped me change them. Heidi also has a lot of compassion, which really makes you feel like you have this new friend who knows absolutely everything about you, who cares and gives you the best advice. I strongly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Heidi is the best psychologist I have ever had.I have done so much progress with my self esteem problems since I`ve had the privilege of having met her.She is always right on when it comes to emotions,and is an all around good person.Thank you for being part of my life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)