Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

I reached out to Heidi a year ago and have been seeing her regularly ever since. I had an extremely positive experience from the first call I placed and was able to get an appointment within a few days of that. I felt comfortable with her almost immediately and began feeling small results in myself after only one session. Having someone to open up to, who helped me see myself better and understand a lot of the whys behind how I was feeling was a turning point in my “recovery”. I was going through an extremely personal and difficult time in my life and had no idea how to deal with it alone or how to process and acknowledge my feelings. After a few months I can honestly say that I felt much better mentally but I was still facing some of the physical symptoms that stress, loss, and keeping things bottled up so long can cause. Heidi pushed me to go see my family doctor to get my thyroid tested because my symptoms (although very common individually) seemed to indicate a deeper issue. I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of thyroid and lymph node cancer that was caught just in time. My doctor told me I am really lucky to have been so in tune with my body and mind because most people ignore these things. I have Heidi to thank for that. I am so incredibly grateful that she has the experience under her belt to evaluate my symptoms and push me to seek the medial attention I needed. From a personality perspective Heidi is extremely friendly, understanding, non-judgmental, and kind all while keeping it very professional. I could not be happier with the service I have received from her to date.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Over the years, I’ve been to a few different psychologist, and the “how do you feel about that” approach just doesn’t work for me. Heidi, whom I found by fluke through my doctors’ psychologist database, is simply amazing. I’ve been seeing her for over 4 years, and she has become a pillar in my life. She’s honest, insightful, and deeply cares for her patients. Heidi will give her opinion on certain situations but it will always be constructive and useful. As I said above, I do not enjoy a passive approach to therapy. Heidi makes my sessions interactive and I feel like I learn so much more about myself that way. She’ll even recommend books and different articles to help you learn more about yourself. Through the many emotions that I have felt through the years, Heidi has been there with me every step of the way. I can proudly say that she had made me a better person. I recommend her whole-heartedly and I hope you get to experience the same emotions I have felt working with her all these years.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I started visiting Heidi about six months ago after reaching a point in my life that I really needed some guidance and help in understanding aspects of my life. I had seen a psychologist once before and I did not have a good experience and I was wary going on. I was put at ease quite quickly. Heidi is compassionate , empathetic and is non judgmental and is extremely qualified. I am a skeptical person and I can honestly say that after six months we were able to work through many aspects of my life and for the first time in a long time I am confident and happy. When Heidi and I realized that i had made progress and it had become time to go out into the real world , she didnt try and make me come for more sessions. I think that truly shows her character. She is there to work with you and not try and keep you coming for monetary purposes. I would truly recommend her to anyone. thnx H!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Heidi is my very first phycologist, and she made it so easy for me to trust her from the first session. She is professional, honest, and most importantly, very caring for her patients. The best thing about Heidi is, she doesn’t tell me who I am or what to do, she lead me to realize it myself through the process and I think that was very important step to get a grip of my life. I trust her very much and I would reccomend her to anyone! Thank you Heidi for being there for me and everyone who needs you :)

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Very helpful and down to earth, truly cares and wants to help! Very satisfied with my experience and progressed through the sessions, would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Was very helpful and professional with our couples therapy. Would strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Heidi is a professional and skilled psychologist who demonstrates empathy and makes people feel relaxed and welcome. Every psychologist has a different style. I appreciate how Heidi was both caring and encouraging in a direct way to help me make healthy choices in my relationships with others. My experience with Heidi has been only positive. In my view she is an expert in the pathologies related to narcissistic family systems, shame, depression, healthy interpersonal boundaries and related matters. I would call her again in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Very professional and efficient. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I had never seen a psychologist prior to seeing Heidi and was impressed from the first meeting. She instantly made me feel comfortable and secure about discussing personal matters. She guided me through the end of a failing marriage and beginning a new life. She was always supportive and helped me work through difficult and painful issues. Heidi is very empathetic and allows you to get to know her on a personal level which strengthens the relationship and allows for a more open dialogue. She also gives you concrete ideas and suggestions to effect real change in your way of thinking and your outlook. As an aside, she was always on time, very easy to reach either by phone or text and flexible and understanding of schedule changes. I would highly recommend her! Thank you for everything Heidi

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Wiedemann is not only the best psychologist I have ever been to, she is a kind and caring person who portrays these character elements that enable us to open up and trust her. She has helped me personally at various times in my life and I would highly recommend her to everybody. She seems to have the ability to zoom in on what the actual issues are and therefore we can deal with them. Keep up the good work Heidi. We need you and appreciate you.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)

GHI