Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

I began seeing Heidi a few months ago to get help with work-related anxiety. From the first session with Heidi, I felt her right there with me as I struggled step by step to understand what was happening in my life. She has an uncanny sense of observation and a deep understanding of the human condition. She often seems to know the exact question to ask or offer the appropriate observation that guides me to the next level of self-examination. Even though I know I have much more work to do to heal, I am happy to see that in just a few sessions, she has given me the tools and insight to feel better. Heidi is compassionate, warm and has a great sense of humour. I feel lucky to have found her. I would definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2019

Heidi was just the person I needed when I was in a very dark place. She is direct but compassionate, a very empathetic listener and extremely knowlegable. Most of all she is easy to talk to and non-judgemental. She has helped me a lot on my journey and I am so glad I found her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

From day one, I felt a connection with Heidi. She always makes me feel like i can be real... just true to myself and I never held back. She will give you great technique to work with...from the beginning she never let me down. Her positive attitude and also her amazing energy makes me feel like I can accomplish just about anything. I love working with her and I will continue to do so. I would recommend her to anyone who wants to be true to themselves. I love working with people that work with heart and I feel that from Heidi . Make yourself a favor and choose a true professional like Heidi. Thank you :)

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

I started seeing Heidi when I was going through a difficult period, and although this is my first experience with a therapist, Heidi made me comfortable from the first day. She is a caring and compassionate listener, and helped me gain insights and feel better within the first few sessions. I feel like I learn something about myself every time I see her. Definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2019

I went to see Heidi after being disappointed with the first therapist I saw. From our first visit I knew I had found the right person to help me. She is the real deal. Listening, giving you the tools you need to grow and change habits you have had for the longest time. Progress is constant and every time you walk out of her office you have learned something new. I will be sad when my sessions with Heidi are over. I will miss her stories, her honesty, her wit but most of all her.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

Heidi a été ma première psychologue. Elle a été d'une grande aide. Je trouve que le premier approche très professionnel. À chaque rencontre, je trouve qu'il avait une belle évolution de ma part. Je lui remercie pour toute l'aide .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Going into my first appointment, I felt nervous knowing I had previously left some therapy visits feeling worse than I did before (a part of the healing process but still tough to go through). Leaving my first session, my head and heart felt a hundred pounds lighter. We were able to get progress done much faster than I anticipated, and she quickly gave me the tools that I needed to work out my worries. Within just a few visits, my mood was significantly better, my energy levels higher, and I felt much more confident in my life, relationship, and future. I appreciated Heidi's sense of humour, frankness, knowledge, and her ability to make you feel at ease as soon as you walk in. Walking into her office was like walking into another world for me - like a safe haven where all problems could be worked on without any judgement. I am glad to no longer need her, and sad at the same time - that's how much I enjoyed our sessions. Thank you for the work you do, your flexibility, and your amazing and inspiring character, Heidi!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

This was my first experience in therapy. Heidi made it easy for me to open up and I immediately felt like I was in good hands. I would highly recommend her services to anyone who needs help. She is a lovely person - extremely competent, friendly, compassionate and warm. Side note - she is also quite funny. We were able to find humour in some of the things we talked about (when it was appropriate, obviously!) and I found that very charming and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

I have really enjoyed my experience working with Heidi so far. She has a very warm personality which makes it easy to open up to her. She is very knowledgeable, insightful and passionate about helping people and makes me feel like I really matter. I look forward to our sessions because it gives me a space to work through things that alone I spin in circles around. Heidi has helped me delve deeper into deep rooted issues so I can grow more than I thought possible! Highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

I knew I needed help so I did some asking around and a bit of research and found a therapist. I left my first visit feeling worse than when I had arrived. A few days later, I cancelled the second appointment. Not long after, I found myself on RateMDs checking out a doctor and saw to the right of the screen faces of the top 5 psychologists in Montreal. I read the comments for all and the ones that resonated with me were the ones about Heidi. I left her office after my first visit feeling considerably better and in spite of my long term reluctance to see a therapist, with a sense that I had found someone who could help me – and she has. Heidi is a competent and knowledgeable psychologist. Better yet, she is a warm, caring person with tremendous compassion who connects with her clients. She is accessible, authentic, frank, creative, problem solving and has a great sense of humor. Working with Heidi is like sharing with a trusted friend with the added benefit that Heidi knows the questions to ask and gives much needed encouragement. She gives of herself. Heidi has truly helped me to deal with some pressing issues. I will be away for a while but upon my return, I plan to continue benefiting from Heidi’s expertise and caring guidance to tackle the longer term issues that have been preventing me from leading life to the fullest. Heidi is at the top of my list of things I am grateful for.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)

MSP/BC Med