Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Heidi is an excellent therapist. After seeing many psychologists and psychiatrists, she is bar-none the most helpful and approachable therapist I have ever seen. Heidi helps puts things into perspective in a very realistic way. She does not sugar coat anything and says things how they are. Sometimes tough love is the best medicine. Also, She will move mountains to work with a difficult schedule and will always find time for you when faced with a difficult situation.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Unfortunately I didn't have good experience with her.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

Very easy to connect and discuss problems with; which is exactly what I was looking for. Also very caring about general well-being and genuinely interested. I felt heard and received advice that has helped me deal with current and past issues that is allowing me to move forward with my life with a clearer head space.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Only saw Heidi for 3 or 4 sessions about 10 months ago, but had an excellent experience. She was easy to reach for scheduling, punctual with appointments, and easy to talk to about anything. She seemed to take a real interest in my well-being...even a month after my last appointment, she contacted me out of the blue to check-up on me and make sure I hadn't fallen through the cracks. Would easily recommend her to a friend in the Montreal area.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

When I first reached out to Heidi about nine months ago, I couldn’t quite pinpoint what was making me feel the way that I did, but all I knew for certain was that I was unhappy and living a self-destructive lifestyle, and that I desperately needed help sorting through my thoughts and feelings. From the very first session, I could already feel my life changing. I instantly felt like a load, that I never even knew existed, was being lifted off my chest. Heidi has helped me open up and come to terms with things that I never realized that I had buried for years. She has really helped me understand myself, in the context of my life journey and experiences. By gently helping me understand my internal thought processes, she’s equipped me with tools to deal with future situations. I really appreciate her kind and non-judgmental, yet frank, approach. I always feel like she is fully invested in me from the moment that we begin our session. She makes me feel very comfortable, when I usually feel overly self-conscious. Reaching out to Heidi has been one of the best decisions of my life, because she has truly helped me heal in ways that I didn’t realize I needed.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Heidi is s psychologist that is warm, patient and understanding. She is knowledgeable and guides you to ask yourself thought provoking questions that you may otherwise not have thought of. She is non judgmental and has really made a difference in my life. I had been to a previous psychologist where the atmosphere was quite formal and rigid. Heidi makes you feel comfortable. I have sought her help with family matters and for personal issues. In both cases, she is professional yet compassionate. Opening up to her seems effortless and natural. I hesitated going to therapy after my experience with my first psychologist however Heidi has since changed my opinion of therapists. If you are reluctant to see a psychologist wondering if you can be helped, I would encourage you to try Heidi. Meeting with Heidi has made a difference in my life personally and with my family.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Heidi brings you to find your own answers by asking the right questions. She’s extremely good at picking up when the time is right or when the time is not yet for steps in our process and she is always making sure through imagery or analogy that we can internalize what she means. She truly cares about her patients and is extremely good at delivering her trade in a way to benefit her patients the most. I am forever grateful I found her, I also recommend her to anyone who asks for a referral.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Seeing Heidi has been the most eye-opening and heart-warming experience for me. She guides me to not only come into terms with my struggle but also reflect on them in order for me to realize what I truly want in life for myself. With Heidi, I felt loved and cared but also empowered because never once did Heidi ever pity me, or make me feel like there was something wrong about they way I thought and felt. She was always there with me and for me. Even as my situation improves and I see her less frequently, I find myself just missing talking to her, as the companionship and understanding she gave me went way beyond any therapy and depression and loneliness I felt. I really felt like we just built an amazing interpersonal connectedness. I would recommend Heidi to anyone for anything in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Heidi helped me untangle many related issues. She has a clearness of vision and a simple communication style that facilitates understanding. Most importantly she showed commitment to getting me to where I needed to be by being prepared, doing research when required, and challenging me when I needed it. I gave her 5 on everything because honestly I can't think of anything that could have been done better. Working with Heidi has been a fantastic process which I feel very good about. Should the need ever arise I won't hesitate to work with her again.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)