Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.

Heidi a été ma première psychologue. Elle a été d'une grande aide. Je trouve que le premier approche très professionnel. À chaque rencontre, je trouve qu'il avait une belle évolution de ma part. Je lui remercie pour toute l'aide .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Going into my first appointment, I felt nervous knowing I had previously left some therapy visits feeling worse than I did before (a part of the healing process but still tough to go through). Leaving my first session, my head and heart felt a hundred pounds lighter. We were able to get progress done much faster than I anticipated, and she quickly gave me the tools that I needed to work out my worries. Within just a few visits, my mood was significantly better, my energy levels higher, and I felt much more confident in my life, relationship, and future. I appreciated Heidi's sense of humour, frankness, knowledge, and her ability to make you feel at ease as soon as you walk in. Walking into her office was like walking into another world for me - like a safe haven where all problems could be worked on without any judgement. I am glad to no longer need her, and sad at the same time - that's how much I enjoyed our sessions. Thank you for the work you do, your flexibility, and your amazing and inspiring character, Heidi!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

This was my first experience in therapy. Heidi made it easy for me to open up and I immediately felt like I was in good hands. I would highly recommend her services to anyone who needs help. She is a lovely person - extremely competent, friendly, compassionate and warm. Side note - she is also quite funny. We were able to find humour in some of the things we talked about (when it was appropriate, obviously!) and I found that very charming and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

I have really enjoyed my experience working with Heidi so far. She has a very warm personality which makes it easy to open up to her. She is very knowledgeable, insightful and passionate about helping people and makes me feel like I really matter. I look forward to our sessions because it gives me a space to work through things that alone I spin in circles around. Heidi has helped me delve deeper into deep rooted issues so I can grow more than I thought possible! Highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

I knew I needed help so I did some asking around and a bit of research and found a therapist. I left my first visit feeling worse than when I had arrived. A few days later, I cancelled the second appointment. Not long after, I found myself on RateMDs checking out a doctor and saw to the right of the screen faces of the top 5 psychologists in Montreal. I read the comments for all and the ones that resonated with me were the ones about Heidi. I left her office after my first visit feeling considerably better and in spite of my long term reluctance to see a therapist, with a sense that I had found someone who could help me – and she has. Heidi is a competent and knowledgeable psychologist. Better yet, she is a warm, caring person with tremendous compassion who connects with her clients. She is accessible, authentic, frank, creative, problem solving and has a great sense of humor. Working with Heidi is like sharing with a trusted friend with the added benefit that Heidi knows the questions to ask and gives much needed encouragement. She gives of herself. Heidi has truly helped me to deal with some pressing issues. I will be away for a while but upon my return, I plan to continue benefiting from Heidi’s expertise and caring guidance to tackle the longer term issues that have been preventing me from leading life to the fullest. Heidi is at the top of my list of things I am grateful for.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

I started with her as a scared child in an adult body, and came out as a confident, self-assured woman. Through her honest approach, various methods, and excellent reading recommendations, Heidi found ways to help me make such vital changes to my way of feeling and thinking. So grateful to her!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

When I was looking for a therapist, I was intrigued by Heidi's comprehensive website and her monthly blog posts. Her approach included encouraging physical activity and a creative outlet. All of these elements contributed to me contacting her initially. I am happy that I followed my intuition. I found a genuine and warm person, who helped define the issues that I was holding inside over decades. Heidi then guided me to build my confidence and self-esteem , to find my “voice” and see relationships with a new perspective. Heidi’s knowledge and approach have put me on a path of self-discovery that I continue to explore and build on. I would highly recommend her . She is competent , caring and easy to talk to . I feel very lucky to have found Heidi. She is a gem!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

J'ai eu plusieurs thérapeutes/psychologues par le passé et, malgré la grande compétence dont ils ont pu faire preuve, aucun n'a su/pu atteindre le savoir-faire de Heidi. Avec un savant mélange d'humour, d'authenticité et surtout d'humanité, elle arrive à explorer les problématiques les plus délicates et n'est jamais complaisante. Elle fait des liens hyper pertinents dans les sujets apportés et on la sent réellement présente et authentiquement à l'écoute. Je suis complètement heureuse d'être tombée sur elle à travers cette même page, et j'ai été positivement surprise de la rapidité et de l'efficacité dont elle a fait preuve pour me trouver une plage horaire pour le premier rendez-vous. Je la recommande sans hésiter et de tout coeur! MILLE MERCIS!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

"If you feel ready for a change I can help you." That was the first thing I found about Heidi while looking for a therapist in Montreal. It makes me smile to read this nowadays. It is very true. We 'worked together' for 12 months on a consistent regular basis. It was also my first time doing therapy. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I ended up finding that the 'source' of my anxiety was very different than I expected. We worked on so many layers of my life, myself and family dynamics. Sure, we're the ones getting it out of our chests and opening ourselves to healing, sometimes very harsch truths and doing the work (during and after therapy). But Heidi was the perfect guide for that life changing process. Upfront, caring and authentic. I love her sharp sense of humor! With all honesty, I will forever be grateful to Heidi!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Heidi is an excellent therapist. After seeing many psychologists and psychiatrists, she is bar-none the most helpful and approachable therapist I have ever seen. Heidi helps puts things into perspective in a very realistic way. She does not sugar coat anything and says things how they are. Sometimes tough love is the best medicine. Also, She will move mountains to work with a difficult schedule and will always find time for you when faced with a difficult situation.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Heidi Wiedemann, M.A.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a licensed Montreal Psychologist and Clinical Member of the AAMFT Heidi brings over 15 years experience to her private practice and offers counselling to individuals, couples and families. By working together, Heidi can help you create a stronger, resilient self; a more emotionally connected and secure couple, as well as a nurturing and respectful family.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)