Ratings for Dr. Timothy C. Ownbey

Bad docter, not recommended! Beware of drug prescription practices.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I used to see Dr Ownbey when he was practicing in Bartlesville Oklahoma and one day I called to refill my prescription as I was about out and I couldn't get anyone to answer. Finally, after my medicine was completely gone with no refills, I was able to get his wife and she said "Oh we are no longer practicing in Bartlesville. We have sent all our patients records to the Hospital so you will have to call them. I didn't receive a letter informing me of the change or anything. I had to go to the hospital and jump through hoops just to get my medicine which I can't go without. Apparently he and his practice have not changed after all these years. To this day we have no idea why he just all the sudden jumped town, but I would not recommend going to him for any type of issue!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Unfortunately won't be returning. Staff extremely rude and condescending. Never received call backs from staff. Called once about a medical matter and the office staff informed me that Dr Owenby would probably prescribe a Valium I was not aware staff could prescribe. Costumer service was a nightmare .

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Unfortunately, I didn't find Dr. Ownbey anything to write home about & the office staff that bumped off my original appt date b/c I didn't get my labs done when they said, but didn't fully explain why. Also, & didn't seem to care about the fact that I didn't have childcare. Office has inconvenient policies & lacking customer service. I didn't find Dr. Ownbey very thorough either.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

He's polite, not personable, but quick & to the point. However, he didn't seem to very forthcoming w/answers re. my problem/condition, & I didn't feel like I could ask him a bunch of questions. I might recommend him as a back-up, but not if you're really having problems.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

This mans arrogance and lack of consideration or compassion for patients are the only qualities that outweigh his lack of knowledge or skill. His staff are barely any better. He is a stone around the neck of his peers in practice and is obviously in medicine for the money. He has a loose grasp of reality or ethics and the law. I wouldn't let him treat my dog if he were dying in my arms. His behavior has led to formal complaints being filed with his practice, my insurance carrier & the licensing board of NM. As to the other members in practice, I do not have experience with them but will never go back thanks to the lack of professionalism or obedience to the Hypocratic oath shown by Dr. T.Ownbey, DO.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Timothy C. Ownbey's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1996)

Neighborhood Health Partnership