Ratings for Dr. Jayshree Vyas

If only I could give her 0 stars. She's an embarassment to the OBGYN community, and everything you fear about going to a Woman's Health doctor. She made me feel insecure about my body and tricked me into getting services I didn't need. I went to this place because I had an impacted IUD, and was having difficulty getting removed. My visit had almost nothing to do with what I came there for. I have no insurance currently so I was paying cash. She gave me a "cash discount" so she charged me 195 dollars for the visit. During the visit she told me that she was going to do a pap smear and DID NOT tell me that it was going to cost an additional amount (which ended up being another 90 dollars). As she was doing my pap smear, she told me that I should hire her to "tighten up" my vagina because it looked like I had a "traumatic birth" and my "pelvic floor will be very loose in 10 years." HOW RUDE DO YOU GET?! She was literally using her OBGYN title to point out my flaws and up-sell her plastic surgery, by trying to make me feel badly about my body. Then, at the end of my appointment, she told me that I "needed" to get my blood drawn. I told her I couldn't afford the service, she said I could pay it on Friday, I told her no several times that I couldn't afford it by Friday. She told me it was cheaper than doing it anywhere else, made me feel stupid for not getting it done there kind of a thing until I reluctantly agreed. The nurse that did my blood draw was very sweet, and Jay treated her like a dog. Jay asked the nurse to make a phone call to get some information for me. The whole time that poor nurse was on the phone, Jay was literally standing right next to her yelling in her ear about the questions she should be asking them. Why didn't she just call herself if she was going to do that?! It made me really uncomfortable and she treated the nurse like crap the whole time the nurse was taking care of me. 280 dollars down the hole plus another 80 for the blood draw that was due Friday. Of course, like I told her, I wasn't able to pay it by Friday. So the second she could, she billed me the full price for the pap smear and the blood draw which is another 300 dollars! My visit to the OBGYN ended up costing me 600 dollars, and literally all of it was for stuff I didn't even need, ask for, or want. The only thing good that came out of the appointment was a recommendation to get an ultrasound for my IUD, which was the ONLY REASON I WENT. Not for a pap smear, and not for a blood draw. I felt swindled, rediculed, bad about my body, and bad for the staff. I felt stupid for going to her to begin with. Save yourself the trouble and never go here.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Horrible Dr. Jay and its staff members - don’t have the facial tissues to clean nose / crying child’s tears, you would be given toilet tissue in the office and when asked it is told that I don’t care your child crying it is not required by medical law to carry any facial tissue in the doctor office. Okay fine then bunch of advice – then trying to draw the blood in no success three times punchers in both hands no success. Then Dr. Jay comes in and tries by herself all pain no success. She asks her staff do you have butterfly to draw the blood she says we are out of the butterfly – what law you are talking about when you don’t even have required things to draw blood.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Vyas performed a dilation and curetage on me, right in her office - instead of doing so under gen. anesthesia in the hospital. This must have been convenient for her, who can continue to see patients in her office rather than "losing" hours by performing this in the hospital. Why did I have to revisit her office every two weeks? Each visit was billed to insurance. When asked when I can start conceiving you said: God stands above me giving you a baby. How dare you talk about God and spirituality with me, when you perform the most traumatizing surgery on me without major anesthesia, and when I shake and tears are running down my cheeks you smile and tell me:, it is all in your mind. The surgery took 15 min. $900 bill send to insurance. Then you left the room. You left a patient who felt violated, who just lost the pregnancy. I sat in the room crying. Is that your notion of ethical behavior Dr. Vyas? Enjoy what other people's payments and pains have provided for you.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

only complaint i have about this dr is that she needs to work on her punctuality. other than that. no complaint! =)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Apparently patients that have given her good reviews have never gone under the knife at the hands of "Dr" Vyas. This women is money hungry!!! She cares more about your insurance money then you yourself. Ask for your medical records and see what she has actually done to you. I did and was in awe of what she had done during a surgery and didnt even bother to discuss it with me afterwards. I repeatedly asked her if I was okay and what was done to me during my surgery and her answer was always very short "your okay now".... okay now from what?!? RUN THE OTHER WAY BEFORE COMING TO THIS WOMEN....

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr. J is one of the most caring and compassionate drs that I have ever met. I have been seeing Dr. J for over 10 years now and I have recommended friends and family to her! Dr. J is a very aggressive dr. when it comes to treatment and care, she doesn't play any games and gives you her ALL! As for a punctual drs office, I don't know any!!! But Dr. J spends her time with each patient to give them the one on one attention that they need. I also do not know of many dr offices that allow you to call in and get a same day appointment. The staff is great - Terry the receptionist is a joy to deal with and Patricia the nurse knows her stuff and they all are a pleasure to deal with! If you have any questions and want to e-mail me... e-mail civicgirle@hotmail.com! thx Julie

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. Jayshree Vyas may know what she is doing, but her bedside manner is horrible and punctuality with her doesn't exist. The staff is very friendly, Patricia and Terry are easy to deal with. Dr. Jayshree Vyas tells me during each appointment how chubby I am and that I need to lose weight, I'm tired of hearing it. If you schedule an appointment with her, please make sure that you plan on being in her office for at least 2 hours because she double and triple books her appointments.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

I do not feel comfortable with the diagnosis this doctor has given me and the way pressure is given to get a procedures done.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

See the performance history http://home.myoc.com/cgi-bin/specials/docdetail.cgi?license=A37968

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007

Be careful. Be very, very careful. This doctor removed a normal ovary from me, did an unnecessary bladder suspension (as confiremed by area specialist). Delivered my son, who now has paralysis in his left arm. We changed doctors to be told by another area specialist to STAY AWAY from this one. To the best of my knowledge this doctor is under probation with the medical board. Do not agree to any surgeries unless you get a second opinion, and then, better to go with the other doctor. Please be careful!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2006

Dr. Jayshree Vyas's Credentials

• Bj Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1976)

• BCBS North Carolina