Ratings for Dr. Lloyd H. Marcum

To say that I am a Nervous Nellie when it comes to dentists is the understatement of several centuries, I am terrified of the dentist. So when I learned I was going to need a root canal (my first) I was more than worried. I went in for my consultation ready and prepared for that. When i met with Gina she told me they had scheduled my root canal for the same day should I need one. My knee jerk was "No, no and NO". She calmly told me they could reschedule if need be, but it could be up to two weeks out. So I took a deep breath and put my big girl pants on and said "Let's do it". She explained the procedure clearly, concisely and in laymen's terms so I understood what would be happening. Dr Marcum came in, until the picture here I could not have told you what he looked like since I never opened my eyes. The injections were like injections I have received for fillings, not fun but not awful. I have a higher threshold for anesthesia so when it got painful he gave me more anesthesia and I was good. The procedure went much quicker than I thought it would. He was kind, gentle, careful and no nonsense. Gina was the perfect combination of compassion and reality. All in all what I believed would be something I would have nightmares about forever was a relatively forgettable experience. The office staff was very helpful and supportive. I have had very little pain since, nothing a couple of ibuprofen won't tackle. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Marcum for root canals and god forbid should I need another one would not hesitate to return to him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

After visiting my dentist for a routine cleaning I was told my sore tooth would probably need a root canal. I was referred to Dr. Marcum. They were able to get me right in for a screening and scheduled my procedure promptly. Dr. Marcum and his staff are wonderful and put me at ease with the process. I highly recommend Dr. Marcum if you need a root canal!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

My experience with Dr. Marcum and his staff has always been exceptional. They are excellent at making you feel at ease, explaining what's going on, and keeping things light. Let's face it, having a root canal is/can be a stressful experience. With Dr. Marcum, it is not. I have been treated by him twice, and each time has been a positive experience.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

This was by far one of the more pleasant experiences I have had in any dentist related visit. I was made comfortable and felt no pain. I have had no trouble with the tooth since my last visit. I am going to need another root canal soon on another tooth and wouldn't dream of using any other specialist in this field.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I first saw Dr. Llloyd Marcum years ago in an emergency basis for a root cannal. The office staff gave me an immediate appointment and were very nice and professional. There was no wait in his office. Dr. Marcum was fast and did an excellent job. I have since been back and have received the same great treatment and after care. I have referred countless friends to him over the years and each has been very happy with treatment and all continue to recomend and use Dr. Lloyd Marcum.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

My young son was treated by Dr. Lloyd Marcum after suffering a fall. As you can imagine, he was traumatized by the accident, but the gentle care and calming demeanor of Dr. Marcum helped my son get through this experience. I am happy to say that he not only has no residual fear of the dentist, but actually enjoys going! I would highly recommend Dr. Lloyd Marcum for his excellent care and for his thoughtful, caring staff.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I had a root canal done many years ago by a general dentist who had a difficult time treating my tooth. Eventually, my tooth became infected and I was experiencing discomfort. I saw Dr. Lloyd Marcum and he had to re-do the root canal. The pain soon subsided and I still have the tooth to this day. Dr. Marcum was very knowledgeable, experienced and compassionate to my needs and fears. The staff was very helpful with my insurance info and friendly. I was seen on time which was great. I've often waited in other Drs offices and that can be very frustrating. Lastly, I was quite impressed with the professionalism and kindness extended to me by his dental assistant. She really put me at ease and explained each step of treatment along the way. I never had to guess what was going to happen next. I would not hesitate returning to this office for a root canal. Great experience :)

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Over the years I have had 4 root canals that Dr. Lloyd Marcum has performed on me. Everytime has been a positive experience. The staff is professional, caring, sensitive and extremely knowledgeable. My last root canal took no more than an hour and minimal discomfort after the procedure. (I have had cavities filled that felt worse). Lloyd actually called me to see how I was doing later in the evening. I highly recommend Dr. Lloyd Marcum the next time anyone needs a root canal on the central coast.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

MY FATHER WAS A DENTIST; I UNDERSTAND MINIMUM STANDARD OF CARE. I RECEIVED INSTEAD OF EVEN A MINIMUM, A MEAN AND BRUTAL TREATMENT. DENTIST/STAFF SADISTIC.I HAVE LETTERS TESTIFYING TO MALPRACTICE FROM OTHER DENTISTS. LLOYD ALSO VIOLATED MY CONFIDENTIALITY. THIS DENTIST IS IMPAIRED. THERE ARE MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIS SADISTIC MAL-TREATMENT, YET, HE CONTINUES TO BE REWARDED FOR HIS PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL HARM.HIS ACTIONS CAUSED ME TO HAVE A SERIOUS INFECTION, LEADING TO BONE LOSS AND EVENTUAL EXTRACTION. THE BRUTAL FORCE THAT HE USED CAUSED A LATERAL BREAK IN TOOTH #15. ANOTHER DENTIST HAS TESTIFIED THAT THIS WAS IATROGENIC.I HAVE EXTENSIVE DOCUMENTATION. THE PUBLIC IS THREATENED AS LONG AS THIS DENTIST IS IN PRACTICE.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010