Ratings for Dr. Charles S. Lefton

I just saw Dr. Lefton today and I was sorely disappointed. I am an RN with almost 40 years experience and I would never have taken the tone of voice or approach that this doctor did to me. He was brash, dismissive and without empathy or compassion. He should leave the profession. He wouldn't even allow me to explain my history! He cut me off and when I asked him about doing an MRI to look at the soft tissue in my knee he actually had the nerve to yell at me that it wasn't necessary! I am appalled that this man is still in practice. He gloated that he only works two days a week now and hasn't done surgery in 4 years. Thank goodness for that. In my opinion he should get out of patient care entirely! No doctor should ever treat people in the abrasive manner that he treated me! I will never see him again and I intend to tell as many people as I can about him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

In my experience Dr. Lefton is an excellent doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He has always spent as much time with me as I needed to ask questions and tell him of my concerns. He has always returned my phone calls promptly and made sure I could get on his schedule even when he was booked up. He even did battle with the insurance company when they denied surgery that I needed. I have several friends who also go to Dr. Lefton and we all agree that he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Do not allow Commonwealth Orthopedics to schedule you with Charles Lefton. He consistently shows up late and is in a rush to do anything except care about his patients. After ACL reconstruction (by Lefton), things did not progress well, but he kept saying "everything is going well, keep going to therapy, see me in two weeks." This went on for 4 months before I vehemently complained, almost having to physically stop him from leaving the room. Lefton ordered a forced manipulation without every taking post operative x-rays or MRI's (after putting foreign objects in my knee) which proceeded to cause extensive damage to the knee which was not in the original injury. A second opinion by another practice showed that Lefton misplaced the ACL graft. Now I am looking at my second surgery to fix what he damaged, and another, third surgery to completely remove and re-do what he did back in September. If you value your joints and want an ortho who will care about your case, do not see Lefton

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

He rushed through the appointment, didn't even give me directions on how to treat my issue, and made me wait for over an hour. It was a horrible experience. He referred me to his colleague. The front desk staff said they forgot to check me in which is why I had such a long wait. I called them later for a doctor's note, and no one ever returned my call. It was the worst experience I have had with the doctor as well as the staff.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I like this doc a lot....when he was in Vienna. there he was helpful, caring and took his time with you. but that all changed after he moved closer to tysons. I like him as a person still...but I do not know what happened after he moved ...maybe he has too many cases now to stop and be with you for more then 10 mins. ....I still will go see him cause he does know what he is doing just wish he would slow down some and be like he was.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Lefton is a danger to his patients. My running coach suspected that I had a stress fracture in my femur, and I requested a doctor's appointment on short notice. After giving me a worthless x-ray, Dr. Lefton insisted that I did not have a fracture, and refused to give me a bone scan. He recommended pain killers and physical therapy. I visited another doctor, who quickly diagnosed me with a stress fracture and ordered me to get a bone scan. It turned out that I had a fracture, and physical therapy would have crippled me for life.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

He only sees dollar signs when you walk in the door. If you dont need surgery, he cant wait to get rid of you. Couldnt be bothered to answer any questions; saw him twice, 1st visit for 10 minutes and follow up for 5 minutes. Just walks out. Refused to answer questions and steers you toward his own PT group.(from which he also gets compensated) Why go to and MD if he just wants a PT to deal with you? 1st appt was 1/2 late, 2nd appt was 55 minutes late. Rude, unhelpful and cant be bothered with you. I'm going to look for another and far better orthopedist. Seeing him was a waste of time and money. I'm back at square one.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr. Charles S. Lefton's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA